COSTUME JEWELLERY V/S REAL JEWELLERY
• While there are very few women who can resist the sparkle and shine of fine jewellery, at some point, we all feel the need to perk up our wardrobes with funky and stylish costume jewellery as well. While women are known to be adorning fine jewellery pieces made of metals such as gold, platinum or gemstones since the 19thcentury, Costume jewellery is more synonymous with the term fashion jewellery these days. Costume jewellery made its way in the fashion scene around 1930s and at that time it was seen as a way to embellish a costume or an outfit.
• Being one of the best diamond jewellers in South Delhi, SKM Rajsons Jewellers have years of experience and expertise of selling high quality exquisite fine jewellery. While we can debate endlessly on the topic of which is better, to invest in costume jewellery or real jewellery, we wish to only enlighten you a bit about the pros and cons related to both.
• Let us just say that the benefits of buying real jewellery far outweigh the ones of buying costume jewellery. The quality of metals and the authenticity of stones are the basic two basic aspects of the costume jewellery vs fine jewellery debate. Gold, sterling silver or platinum are all considered as fine jewellery. However both yellow and white jewellery must be over 10 karats to be considered in this category.
• Fine jewellery includes Investment pieces such as Diamond jewellery or gold jewellery and they add a lot of value to your wardrobe. Fine jewellery lasts you for generations and is considered important investment, especially in the Indian context. All natural diamonds and pearls are categorized under fine jewellery.
• Costume jewellery is a term which is interchangeable with fashion jewellery these days. Most of these pieces have no precious metals, natural gemstones, natural diamonds or pearls. Costume jewellery is constructed with plated metal and brass is a base metal often used for this purpose.
• Many of the designers today design elaborate and jazzy designs of costume jewellery, which is lapped up by experimental and chic women. Since most of these pieces are trend setting and sought after, women don’t hesitate to shell out huge chunks of money for them.
• So while there is nothing wrong in occasionally opting for some new and trendy styles of costume jewellery, if you wish to indulge in some flawless and marvellous fine jewellery, then do not forget to stop by at the best diamond jewellers in South Delhi, SKM Rajsons Jewellers.