Top tips for a successful strategy Alix Wooding National Corporate Partnerships Manager Alzheimer’s Society
Am I an expert…? “An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.” Niels Bohr Nobel prize winner
1. Have a plan • Be specific • Who, what, when, why? • How will you measure it? • Use tools for ideas and insights
2. Don’t go it alone • Get input from your colleagues – more insights, more ideas, more buy-in. • Get feedback from your partners • Partners can help deliver your plan, too.
3. Just say NO. And YES. • Say NO to distractions • And YES to opportunities • Your strategy is a guide – it’s not set in stone.
4. Take some risks • But know that you’re doing it • Pay attention • Not everything will succeed
5. Decide to do it “First decide what you want to do. Then decide to do it. Then do it.” William Zinsser • Don’t leave it in a drawer • Get buy in • Action plans • KPI’s • Review
1 2 3 5 top tips Have a plan Don’t go it alone Just say NO. And YES Take some risks Decide to do it 4 5