1. Rest Heaven is a place of rest from earthly hardships
Rev. 14:13 And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them
Heb. 4:11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.
2. Reaping Heaven is a place of reaping This earth is a place of obedient activity and work – by these works of obedience we are laying up treasures to be enjoyed in heaven
Mt. 6:19-21 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal
But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
3. Rejoicing How the faithful will rejoice to hear the Master say, “Well done thou good and faithful servant….enter thou into the joy of thy Lord (Mt. 25:21)
4. Righteousness Heaven will be a place of righteousness – there will be neithersin nor evil there
Rev. 21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.
Rev. 22:15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.
5. Responsibility Heaven will not be a place of idleness – of inactivity
Rev. 22:3 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:
6. Reunion and Recognition The saved of all the ages will be united together to worship and serve God throughout all eternity
Gen. 25:8 Then Abraham gave up the ghost, and died in a good old age, an old man, and full of years; and was gathered to his people.
Gen. 35:29 And Isaac gave up the ghost, and died, and was gathered unto his people, being old and full of days: and his sons Esau and Jacob buried him.
Gen. 37:35 (Jacob expected to be reunited with love ones after his death) And all his sons and all his daughters rose up to comfort him; but he refused to be comforted; and he said, For I will go down into the grave unto my son mourning. Thus his father wept for him.
2 Sam. 12:23 (David expected to see his baby son after his death) But now he is dead, wherefore should I fast? can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me.
Mt. 8:11 And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.
1 Th. 2:19-20 For what is our hope, or joy, or crown of rejoicing? Is it not even you in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at His coming? For you are our glory and joy.
Conclusion With these great blessings before us - we will surely work harder day by day to reach this wonderful heavenly home