REVIEW FOR THE STAAR EXAM UNITS Exploration/Colonization American Revolution Government Expansion/Reform Movements/Civil War
Unit 1 Exploration Colonization
Which plan, that was created by Ben Franklin, failed to unite the colonies against the French?
2. What was the event that swept through the colonies and resulted in the creation of many new churches?
The Great Awakening
3.Which colonies had indentured servants, debtors in Georgia, and slaves as laborers?
5. Which colonies had fishing, bad rocky soil and subsistence farming?
6. Which document was the first to limit the powers of the king, and it focused on trial by jury?
9. Who was banished from Massachusetts because she claimed that God spoke to her directly?
10. Who was banished from Massachusetts and was the founder of Rhode Island?
11. What was the first failed attempt to colonize America in North Carolina and disappeared?
12. Which group of people settled in New England in Massachusetts and wanted to purify the church?
13. Which document was a contract for self-government and led to the practice of the majority rules?
14. Which colonies had cash crops, Quakers, ethnic diversity and were know as the “Bread Basket?”
15. Who was a Quaker, believed in equality, and the founder of Pennsylvania?
19. Which institution was part of the Triangular Trade, the Middle Passage and forced the Africans to work on the Tidewater plantations or backcountry farms?
English Bill of Rights
22. What was the first successful English settlement in America in 1607?
24. What was the name of the economic theory that stated that the country with the most wealth was number one?