Palm Sunday March 24, 2013 “Missed it” Mark 11:1-11
Vuja De: This occurs when you enter a situation you’ve been in a thousand times before, but with the sense of being there for the first time.
Give Us Fresh Eyes Lord Jesus.
Passover = Kingdom Time
Lazarus • Raised From The Dead • Bartimaeus • Received Sight • Zacchaeus • - Salvation Has Come To His House
1. They spread their cloaks & palm branches on the road before Jesus. This act had massive royal implications.
1. They spread their cloaks & palm branches on the road before Jesus. Judas Maccabaeus: Defeated invaders in 164 B.C.
2. They sang royalchants and hymns as Jesus rode into Jerusalem. Hosanna literally means, save us now!
3. They missed it. They had the wrong king and the wrong kingdom.
3. They missed it. There was a mismatch between the expectations and God’s answer.