840 likes | 1.45k Vues
Father Forgets. William Larned. Show your love Listen when your children talk Make your children feel safe Praise your children Criticize the behavior, not the child Be consistent Spend time with your child. How to be a good parent ？. Father’s remorse.
E N D
Father Forgets William Larned
Show your love Listen when your children talk Make your children feel safe Praise your children Criticize the behavior, not the child Be consistent Spend time with your child How to be a good parent？
Just like with any relationship, building a positive relationship between parent and child is one that requires work and effort to make it strong and successful. Parenting is a tough job, and maintaining close relationships and open communications helps to ensure parents and their children stay connected through all ages of their upbringing. Here are 10 simple tips for enhancing the bond between parent and child. 10 tips
1. Say I Love You Tell your child you love him every day -- no matter his age. Even on trying days or after a parent-child disagreement, when you don't exactly "like your child" at that moment, it is more important than ever to express your love. A simple "I love you" goes a long way toward developing and then strengthening a relationship.
2. Teach Your Faith Teach your child about your faith and beliefs. Tell him what you believe and why. Allow time for your child to ask questions and answer them honestly. Reinforce those teachings often.
3. Establish A Special Name Or Code Word Create a special name for your child that is positive and special or a secret code word that you can use between each other. Use the name as a simple reinforcement of your love. The code word can be established to have special meaning between your child and you that only you two understand. This code word can even be used to extract a child from an uncomfortable situation (such as a sleepover在外过夜 that is not going well) without causing undue embarrassment to the child.
4. Develop And Maintain A Special Bedtime Ritual For younger children, reading a favorite bedtime book or telling stories is a ritual that will be remembered most likely throughout their life. Older children should not be neglected either. Once children start reading, have them read a page, chapter, or short book to you. Even most teenagers still enjoy the ritual of being told goodnight in a special way by a parent--even if they don't act like it!
5. Let Your Children Help You Parents sometimes inadvertently疏忽 miss out on opportunities to forge closer relationships by not allowing their child to help them with various tasks and chores. Unloading groceries after going to the store is a good example of something that children of most ages can and should assist with. Choosing which shoes look better with your dress lets a child know you value her opinion. Of course, if you ask, be prepared to accept and live with the choice made!
6. Play With Your Children The key is to really play with your children. Play with dolls, ball, make believe, checkers, sing songs, or whatever is fun and interesting. It doesn't matter what you play, just enjoy each other! Let kids see your silly side. Older kids enjoy cards, chess, computer games, while younger ones will have fun playing about anything...as long as it involves you!
7. Eat Meals As A Family You've heard this before, and it really is important! Eating together sets the stage for conversation and sharing. Turn the TV off, and don't rush through a meal. When schedules permit, really talk and enjoy one another. It can become a quality time most remembered by young and old alike.
8. Seek Out One-On-One Opportunities Often Some parents have special nights or "standing dates" with their children to create that one-on-one opportunity. Whether it is a walk around the neighborhood, a special trip to a playground, or just a movie night with just the two of you, it is important to celebrate each child individually. Although it is more of a challenge the more children in a family, it is really achievable! Think creatively and the opportunities created will be ones that you remember in the future.
9. Respect Their Choices You don't have to like their mismatched shirt and shorts or love how a child has placed pictures in his room. However, it is important to respect those choices. Children reach out for independence at a young age, and parents can help to foster those decision-making skills by being supportive and even looking the other way on occasion. After all, it really is okay if a child goes to daycare with a striped green shirt and pink shorts.
10. Make Them A Priority In Your Life Your children need to know that you believe they are a priority in your life. Children can observe excessive stress and notice when they feel you are not paying them attention. Sometimes, part of being a parent is not worrying about the small stuff and enjoying your children. They grow up so fast, and every day is special. Take advantage of your precious time together while you have it!
it's not time to make a changejust relax--take it easyyou're still young--that's your faultthere's so much you have to knowfind a girl, settle downif you want, you can marrylook at me--i am oldbut i'm happy Father and son
i was once like you are nowand i know that it's not easyto become when you've foundsomething going onbut take your time--think a lotthink of everything you've gotfor you will still be here tomorrowbut your dreams may not...
how can i try to explain?when i do--it turns away againand it's always been the samesame old storyfrom the moment i could talki was ordered to listennow there's a way, and i knowthat i have to go awayi know, i have to go...
it's not time to make a changejust sit downand take it slowlyyou're still young--that's your faultthere's so much you have to go throughfind a girl, settle downif you want, you can marrylook at me--i am oldbut i'm happy
all the times, that i've criedkeeping all the things i knew insideand it's hardbut it's harder to ignore itif they were right--i'd agreebut it's them--they knownot me. now there's a way, and i knowthat i have to go awayi know, i have to go.
The events the author reports are not chosen in a causal fashion. He deliberately chooses the details to create the characters---an unreasonably harsh and cross father and a tender and affectionate son and at the same time, reveal his remorse. Text comprehension
Para 1 Introductory part An affectionate father filled with remorse comes to his son is in sound sleep and is ready to make a confession. How does the father describe his son? Why was the father filled with remorse?
Part 2 2-8 The father recalls his harsh and inappropriate behaviors towards his son. What weren’t the things that the father fault with? How would you describe the father? What made the father repent?
Part 3 9-15 The father has made a resolution to be a real good daddy. What rhetorical devices are used in Para 9? Why is the father so cross to his son? What does the father resolve to do?
Paw n. 脚爪 to feel handle touch vt. （动物用爪）抓，扒 The dog pawed at the bone. 狗用爪子抓骨头。 The cat pawed at a mouse. 猫向老鼠抓去。 （动物受惊、发怒时）用脚爪扒地 language study
（人）用手粗鲁地摸 "She was watching the film, but he kept pawing at her." "她在看电影,而他却不断地对她动手动脚。"
Crumple vt., vi. Become wrinkle; fall apart; to collapse 弄[起]皱, 折皱 ;挤压, 扭弯;(使)崩溃,, 屈服, 垮台 He crumpled the letter into a ball. 他把信揉成一个团。 At the first punch, his opponent crumpled to the floor. 第一次重击之下, 他的对手就倒在地板上爬不起来。 The Nazi regime finally crumpled. Crumpled adj. 变皱了的; 起皱纹的, 弯扭的 (牛角)弯曲的, 盘曲的, 歪的 crease crinkle ripple wrinkle
a wet season 雨季 a wet day 下雨天 a wet night 饮酒作乐的一夜 a wet town 不禁酒的城镇 W-Paint! 油漆未干 ! Wet with moisture 潮湿 wet through 浑身湿透 Wet
Don't go out, you'll get wet. 千万别出门, 否则将会淋透。 Her eyes were wet with tears.她两眼含泪。 He is all wet. 他完全搞错了。 walk in the wet 在雨中步行
Wet vt. (wetted, wet; wetting) wet a bargain 饮酒祝贺交易成功 wet one's bed 尿床 wet one's whistle [美]喝酒润喉
Stifling: very hot and stuffy almost to the point of being suffocating; causing a feeling of stultification(愚笨） She can hardly breathe in this hot ~ weather. Stifle: to repress, to keep in or hold back The fire stifled the fireman.
to stifle a yawn 止住呵欠 Stifle vt., vi. -fled, -fling 窒息；闷死/抑止；遏制 Choke窒息 smother使窒息 stop suffocate suppress
remorse ： a strong feeling of guilt and regret about something one has done remorse for a crime 悔罪 in a fit of remorse 在一阵悔恨之中 without remorse 毫不后悔地; 无情地; 不间断地 grief regret sorrow
n. 十字架,十字架形物件,交叉路 a. 生气的,交叉的,相反的 v. 交叉,横过,越过 十字架（Cross）是基督教的主要标志，象征耶稣基督被钉在十字架上受难死亡以救赎罪人。因此，十字架既代表基督本身，又代表基督教信仰。 to bear one's cross 忍受苦难 交叉号；表示错误的记号；不会写字的人签名的代号 If you can't sign your name, make a cross instead. 你如果不会签名，画一个十字也可以。 （动、植物的）异种杂配，杂交 A tiglon is a cross between a lion and a tiger. 虎狮是狮子和老虎的杂交种。 cross
vt., vi. 横渡；渡过；越过/交叉；相交；错过 They crossed the road.他们过了马路。 We crossed each other on the way. 我们在途中错过了。 盘腿；交叠 Jean sat with her legs crossed. 琼盘腿而坐。 Cross Section交叉断面;截面;相交截面 Dot the i's and cross the t's. 一点一划，循规蹈矩。
Dab: coat； pat ；smear涂，拍 1. vt., vi. -bb- 轻触，轻碰 He dabbed the wound on her arm gently with cotton wool. 他用药棉轻擦她胳膊上的伤口。 2. 轻敷 She dabbed at her mouth with a tissue. 她用面巾擦拭嘴唇。 Digital Audio Broadcasting 数字音频广播
Swallow greedily or rapidly in large amounts gulp down a glass of water 一口气喝干了一杯水 gulp down a sob 饮泣吞声 n 吞; 一次吞饮的量 empty a glass at one/a gulp 一口气喝完一杯 at the gulp 一口(吞下), 一饮(而尽) gulp back tears 咽下去, 忍住 Choke窒息 devour吞食 gasp喘气 repress swallow Gulp