270 likes | 448 Vues
What is blogging? Simply put, blogging is the act of writing a post for a blog Blogger is a person who writes content for a blog . A blog is a website that can be created by anyone without any technical knowledge or Web designers’ assistance.
E N D
What is blogging? Simply put, blogging is the act of writing a post for a blog Blogger is a person who writes content for a blog .
A blog is a website that can be created by anyone without any technical knowledge or Web designers’ assistance. A blog is usually maintained by an individual with regular entries of articles, experience, opinion, comments, photos and video clips. A blog allows you to quickly and easily create a place on the web where people can find you, learn about you, and interact with you.
Why people blog? What are the benefits of blogging? I suppose you are becoming interested. Are you ready to enter the blogosphere? No? Still not sure? Look at this list to help you make your decision about blogging. Top 10 Reasons to Start a Blog To Express Your Thoughts and Opinions 2. To Market or Promote Something 3. To Help People by writing tips on myriad subjects 4. To Establish Yourself as an Expert
5. To Connect with People of similar interests 6. To Make a Difference in social political matters 7. To Stay Active or Knowledgeable in a Field or Topic
8. To Stay Connected with Friends and Family 9. To Make Money 10. To Have Fun and Be Creative
There are two types of blog. Free Blog Paid blog Free blog means you don’t need to buy a domain for your blog nor you need to buy a hosting space. It is totally free. Sample: Income Opportunities Paid blog requires you to buy your own domain and host it on your server. Sample: Beauty Needs Earning opportunities increase on paid blogs while free blogs too can fetch you income though not much.
When I first answered the question, “How to make money by blogging?”, I answered there are 6 ways. As I kept learning, I found there are now 18 ways to make money by Blogging. While not all methods would suit a beginner, one can still earn some money using at least 6 methods. Let us go over them one by one.
PPC –pay per click advertising also known as contextual advertising. In this methods, you are paid for every click on the ads you run on your blog. Ads providers include Google, Chitika, Bidvertiser and Adbrite. Since too many variables decide the income, it is just impossible to predict your blog’s monthly revenue. However, this is totally free money.
2. CPM-cost per million stands for the cost of 1000 impressions CPM advertising programs are almost similar like PPC advertising programs. The difference is that you will be paid based on the number of impressions (hits) your blogs managed to garner. Let's say if your blog is able to generate 100,000 page views monthly displaying an advertising banner with a US$4 CPM, you will earn US$400 monthly. This form of revenue is more predictable and stable. However you have to bear in mind that the CPM rates will very according to different advertising companies. The better and bigger networks will usually give you higher CPM rates because they have access to more advertisers especially the big spending ones. You can earn from as low as 10 cents to as high as US$10 for 1000 impressions. So if your blogs have a lot of page views, I suggest you use CPM advertising programs. The following are a few of the more popular and reliable CPM networks: Advertising.com Burst Media Casale Media Value Click Right Media Smowtion Tribal Fusion
3. In-Text advertising companies will place links inside your content or anywhere in your blog that has text which is relevant to them. These links are different from the usual links because it comes with double underline to distinguish it. So once your blog readers roll their mouse pointers over these double underline links, an advertising will pop up. If the advertisements are clicked, you will be able to make money.So far I can only make around $10 monthly with In-Text advertising because it pays slightly Lower than the other forms of advertising. Again some earning is better than nothing right? However some bloggers do not like the idea of making money from In-Text Advertising because they felt it is rather intrusive. Here's a list of In-Text Advertising companies that can make you extra dimes from your blogs every month: InfolinksKontera Vibrant Builtin Text Triggit Be Context Sin Text Media
4. Pop-up and Pop-Under advertising • Here is another form of advertising that might not appeal to either bloggers or blog readers. • Pop-up is no doubt a common and yet a very annoying form of advertising for your blogs. • If you are trying to grow your traffic steadily and increase your loyal readers base, I suggest • you refrain from using pop-up advertising. But if you are into blogging just to earn • as much money as possible, you can experiment with them. • Here are 3 of the Pop-up Advertising networks that pop-up blockers love: • Tribal Fusion Infinity Ads AdVersal
5. Audio ads - Pay per Play (PPP) • Are you familiar with Audio Advertising through radio? • So how does it work? • A short Audio Advertising will be played (usually 5 seconds) each time a visitor lands on your • blogs. Readers will not be able to stop the audio ads and thus this will create • a 100% conversion rate based on the number of unique visitors that you have. Some have • been reported to get around $4 CPM rate which is relatively good. But the down side of • Audio Advertising is that it is very intrusive. If you are a new blogger, I encourage you to think • twice before serving any audio ads. But if you want to earn big bucks and don't mind that • your blogs run audio ads, then do join one of these audio advertising networks: • Target Spots 123 Audio Ads Voice 2 page
6. Banner Advertsing This is a very popular form of web site advertising . I would it is a very easy money. You just place a piece of HTML code on your blog and bang! The banner appears out of incomprehensible texts and symbols. The income per banner ad depends on the number of visitors your blog attracts and the size of the banner you are willing to host on your blog. It is pretty good way to earn substantial money from your blogs. Some banner ad networks are: Buysell ads Advertise Space Project Wonderful CMF ads
7. Text Link Ads Almost every blogger and webmaster who are aware of this type of making money are engaged in this profitable business. Just by placing simple one or two line code in your blog you can demand anything from $5 per link per month to $50. Look at the screen shot below which is an email notification I received for the payment of $5 towards selling a link on one of my blogs. There are several text link brokers in the Internet.
8. Affiliate Program This is a very big business through which billions of dollars are earned by bloggers, webmasters and PPC advertisers. In this method, you sell other’s products and services through your blogs and earn a commission which will be anywhere from 50 to 75% of the sale value. The earning potential in this avenue is literally unlimited.
9. Wideget Monetization An odd but innovative method to advertise. Publishers like you and I stand to gain financially. In this method, no selling is required to earn money. What is required is you place a widget In your blog’s sidebar and allow others to place their links in the widget. Some offers let you earn money by selling the credits you earn while clicking on the widgets on other blogs. Of course this form of revenue is very, very unreliable and can be very taxing at times. But who knows-you might be making thousands using them. Here are the monetization widgets that I could think of right now: Atoken Scratch Back EntrecardAdgitize
10. Sponsored Posts It is a big industry where big money is transacted. You are paid to blog . You would be working for several blog marketing companies and they give blogging assignments where you are asked to blog about products or services of their clients. The pay rate varies according to your blog’s popularity in the search engines. However, the minimum pay rate is $5 per blog post of about 60 to 100 words. Joining one of these companies will enable you to write sponsored posts on a wide range of topics. The opportunities are abundant in this Method of earning money by blogging. Below are a few companies that hire bloggers: Blogitive Pay per Post Social Spark
11. RSS Advertising More and more internet users are turning to RSS (Real Simple Syndication) to get their daily feed of online content. Hence more and more bloggers are finding ways to monetize this method of online content distribution method. Although your earning from RSS advertising might not be as lucrative as your other income streams, nonetheless it will build up over time. After all you don't have to do anything ! It is like earning money blogging on autopilot! Join one of these RSS Advertising companies now to start earning: FeedBurnerPheedoAdgentaFeedshow
12. CPA-Cost per Action This again throws plenty of earning opportunities. You would be joining CPA networks and place the banners given by then in your blogs. If a visitor clicks on the banner and take some action like leaving his email or pincode or even telephone number, you are paid anything from $3 to $65 per lead. Big potential to make some big money.
13. Selling or Renting Your Blog Posts This might sound a little bit hard, but I assure you that you can really make money by selling or renting your blog posts. I have personally rented a few of my blog posts. What is the difference between a rented blog post and a sponsored post? Simply put, a rented blog post is a post that has been written earlier and later it was spotted by the advertiser. The advertiser then wanted to rent the post by placing one or more links on that particular post. You can earn a fixed monthly recurring income by renting out your posts or you can sell it for a lucrative single fee which is not recommended.
14. Sell your own digital information products This is probably the best way to make money from your blogs. You can create e-books, short reports, guides and video tutorials. This would pave way for long time earning . You could seriously think of quitting your job and think of making a full time living by blogging.
15. Sell your skills Services selling is catching up rapidly. More and more online platforms are being launched to sell individual’s services . It can be anything from designing a logo or banner, maintaining a spread sheet, installing a script, doing copy and paste work , voice dubbing and so on. For example, visit fiverr.com and read what people are offering to do for $5. You would find anything goes there. It is a great marketplace for freelancers.
16. Working for Blogging Networks The number of ways for bloggers to make good money via blogging is simply innumerable. The emergence of more and more blogging networks allow bloggers like us to make money online almost incessantly. Of course blogging for your own blogs has its advantages because everything will be yours. Then again, it is not such a bad thing if you are blogging for blog networks which will handle everything for you such as the set up of the blog, SEO (Search Engine Optimization), promotion of your content etc. These blog networks compensate your contribution in different ways. Some give you the opportunity to earn based on your unique page views, while others allow you to integrate your Adsense, Amazon, etc. for you to earn additional income. There are a couple of blog network that pay up to $750 per month as a salary. Here are the popular blog networks that allow you to earn extra money: Hub Pages About.com TriondMyLot
17. Blog Flipping This is hard work but it pays accordingly. Flipping blogs (Means selling blogs)can be a very profitable way of generating income in a very short period of time. You can earn up to a few hundreds dollar for selling your blog. To make a sale, your blog would be required to pass a few parameters like visitors, page rank, Search engine rankings and revenue. If you create high quality blogs in a short period of time, you can try to flip blogs. A blog can be created and setup on autopilot in an hour that can be sold instantly for $50-$100. A blog can be built with 10-20 pages and left to mature in the search engines for 6-12 months and then sold for $500-$1000. Here are 4 places where you can sell your blogs: Flippa Digital Point Warrior Forum Site Point
18. Ask for donation If you have a blog with real value for your readers and if you don’t monetize your blog with any of the ways discussed thus far, you can ask for a donation. Our friend Paypal gives you a ready made code which you just paste it on your blog. This is how it would look:
That’s about it all. Blogging for money is a serious venture. It requires a lot of effort, plenty of reading and quite a bit of learning on a day to day basis. However, there is money to be made, life long. Blogging can be a career . There is bright future for bloggers as on date. Search Engines love blogs. It takes a long time to see money from your blogs. If you feel that all these are mind boggling and beyond your comprehension, I will show you an alternate way. Alternate earning option I develop blogs on specific niches that pay well. The blogs I develop would look highly professional blogs built with three income streams. I sell these blogs for profit. Sample blog: http://beautyneeds.infiniteinfo.net You can just buy these blogs on a topic of your choice and start making money within a week or earlier. Contact me if you are interested.
My Contact details: R.Badri F2, Ruby Enclave, 406, 18th Street, Korattur Chennai-600080 Email: blogging academy (@) gmail.com Phone: 9600090096