Download
slide1 n.
Skip this Video
Loading SlideShow in 5 Seconds..
Renewable Energy PowerPoint Presentation
Download Presentation
Renewable Energy

Renewable Energy

81 Views Download Presentation
Download Presentation

Renewable Energy

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - E N D - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Presentation Transcript

  1. Renewable Energy Louise Dolan Giuseppe Genovese Haruka Kobayashi Rita Costa ,

  2. Renewable EnergyLouise, Giuseppe, Haruka & Rita Solar – harnessing sun’s energy via solar panels to either generate electricity via solar photovoltaics or to heat water via solar thermal method. Wind – using wind to generate kinetic energy which In turn is converted to mechanical energy via wind turbines. Biomass – produced from organic materials such as plants and animal waste. Simple biomass energy created from burning waste to produce heat or processing and converting to biofuels such as methane gas, ethanol and biodiesels. Geothermal- energy generated from earths heat. Hydropower- derived from the movement of water via turbines

  3. Renewable EnergyLouise, Giuseppe, Haruka & Rita Olympic park Energy Centre • Biomass boiler • Zero carbon renewable energy source – biomass via woodchip • 30% more efficient than traditional heat and power generation methods • Uses Combined Cooling Heat & Power (CCHP) plant • Modular design • Wind Turbines • Seven Vertical Axis Wind Turbines • More efficient than standard tri blade turbines • Photovoltaic panels • Main Press Centre • Integrated into living roof system “Biggest failure” in green targets was the levels of renewable energy Alternatively contributed to Renew Scheme • Significant proportion of renewables intended to come from large wind turbine shelved due to • health and safety legislation

  4. Renewable EnergyLouise, Giuseppe, Haruka & Rita Olympic Energy Centre transfer Schematic

  5. Renewable EnergyLouise, Giuseppe, Haruka & Rita Technology Uses flexible energy-harvesting piezoelectric floor tiles to capture kinetic energy from footsteps and convert to useable electricity Each step generates 4-8 Watts of power 5% illuminates tiles themselves with remaining 95% used to power local utilities such as street lighting and installed along bridge connecting London’s West Ham tube station to the Olympic Park Following failure of large wind turbine, although relatively low output technology, visual and interactive nature of tiles creates strong public buy in to reinforce renewable and sustainable energy message.