Download
the power of the slight edge n.
Skip this Video
Loading SlideShow in 5 Seconds..
The Power of the Slight Edge PowerPoint Presentation
Download Presentation
The Power of the Slight Edge

The Power of the Slight Edge

995 Vues Download Presentation
Télécharger la présentation

The Power of the Slight Edge

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - E N D - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Presentation Transcript

  1. The Power of the Slight Edge

  2. Water Hyacinth

  3. A Penny vs. $ 1 million

  4. The Slight Edge I am endebted to Jeff Olson who wrote a book by the same title But this is not some cute trendy self-help program. It is biblical wisdom in action

  5. Common Problem • People are looking for the breakthrough, the “quantum leap”, the winning of the lottery. • We live in an instant society, with instant coffee, instant oatmeal, microwave popcorn. • We expect immediate results, immediate gratification.

  6. Remarkable successes in life rarely happen immediately. We want to “leap tall buildings in a single bound”. When in fact, the truth is it’s baby steps, small incremental steps done over and over again.We want to take short cuts. There are no short cuts.

  7. The Power of the Slight Edge

  8. The Power of the Slight Edge

  9. What are the 5% doing that the 95% are not?The difference is NOT heredity, education, looks, talent, or chance.The difference is the slight edge. If you learn to understand and apply the slight edge, you will be among the 5%.

  10. If anyone can do slight edge simple actions, Whyare only 5% successful? Because every action that is easy to do is also easy NOT to do.

  11. Why are these simple things easy NOT to do? It’s easier to follow the path of least resistance and not do it. It’s more convenient and comfortable not to do it. (whether walking, jogging, time with the Lord, spouse, music lessons, diet)

  12. Why are these simple things easy NOT to do? While anyone could do them, most won’t! Because we prefer convenience and comfort And Because We tend to follow the crowd What does the Bible say about that?

  13. Romans 12:2 “Do not let the world around you squeeze you into its own mold, but let God remold your minds from within, so that you may prove in practice that the plan of God for you is good...and moves you toward the goal of true maturity.” (don’t follow the crowd, the 95%)

  14. Why are these simple things easy NOT to do? Because we prefer convenience and comfort We tend to follow the crowd And because if we don’t do them, they won’t kill us, at least not today. We won’t suffer or fail today in our health, career, relationships. What does the Bible say about that?

  15. Galatians 6:7-10: “Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; The one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.”

  16. The Law of Sowing and Reaping “Sow a Thought, Reap an Action, Sow an Action, Reap a Habit, Sow a Habit, Reap a Character, Sow a Character, Reap a Destiny”

  17. Power of the Slight Edge

  18. Power of the Slight Edge

  19. To reach our destiny, we must: crucify our flesh(prefers comfort & convenience), renew our minds so we do not conform to the world AND realize that there is a thief who is out to kill, steal, and destroy.(John 10:10) Kill our Health, our bodies (our food full of calories but little nutrition , pollution) Steal our Finances (make us debt slaves) lack of meekness Destroy our Relationships (with the Lord, family, friends through us getting hurt, offended, unforgiving)

  20. When you make the right choice, you rarely see the results today. And the crowds aren’t there to notice or applaud. But the Lord is watching. Do it for an audience of one. Put a smile on God’s face! Remember: What You do Matters. What you do privately, day by day really matters!

  21. Success is usually progressive. It is a process, often with a series of failures on the journey.(Babe Ruth, Abe Lincoln, Wm. Wilberforce, Thomas Edison)Successful people fail their way to the top of their dreams and destiny. They never give up.

  22. 1 Timothy 4:8-16 “Train yourself to be godly...don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity...devote yourself to the public reading of Scripture...do not neglect your gift...be diligent in these matters; give yourself wholly to them, so that everyone may see your progress. Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them...”

  23. Matthew 25:21, parable of the talents • “Well done good and faithful servant. • You have been faithful with a few things. • I will put you in charge of many things. • Come and share your master’s happiness”

  24. Reaching Your Destiny & Calling:Need to see your Face in the Future King David in the Old Testament - as a teen anointed by Samuel to be future King of Israel Acts 9, Saul on Road to Damascus

  25. Called to witness for Christ(I’ll wait til God gives me powerto be like Billy Graham)

  26. Called to pray for the sick(yes, Lord, once you anoint me to be another Benny Hinn)

  27. Do not despise the day of small beginnings (daily faithful, obedience in the little things)

  28. Praying for the sick (Baby steps, the Slight Edge) _________ _________ Fruitful _______ Obedient ________ Timid _________ Interested Unbelieving believer

  29. The Power of the Slight Edge You can count on it. It is quietly in operation. And unless you make it work FOR you, deliberately, intentionally, the slight edge will work AGAINST you.

  30. The Power of the Slight Edge • As Charismatic Christians, we believe in and pray for the breakthroughs, the “suddenlies of God”. But while we wait for those seasons, the Lord is desiring us to take small steps of obedience, of discipline, and being faithful in the small things. • This will make us more Christ-like and bigger on the inside, so that He can trust us with greater anointing, authority, and power, without it destroying us. • And we will be more prepared for the coming days of end-time revival and turmoil on the earth.

  31. Hebrews 12 • “Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. • Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross... • Consider Him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart...

  32. Hebrews 12 (continued) • Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as sons... • No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. • Later on, however, it produces a harvestof righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it”.

  33. Even God’s rescue plan for the world involved small beginnings and the use of the slight edge of faithful obedience by Jesus

  34. When you make the right choice, you rarely see the results today. And the crowds aren’t there to notice or applaud. But the Lord is watching. Do it for an audience of one. Put a smile on God’s face! Remember: What You do Matters. What you do privately, day by day really matters!

  35. The Law of Sowing and Reaping “Sow a Thought, Reap an Action, Sow an Action, Reap a Habit, Sow a Habit, Reap a Character, Sow a Character, Reap a Destiny”

  36. Take a minute to ask the Lord,“What specific thing Lord are You asking me to stop doing?” - Sexual sin, pornography? - Too much TV? - Grumbling and complaining? • Gossip and slander? • Comparing yourself with others? (resulting in a pity party or pride) - Eating too much junk food?

  37. Now Ask the Lord for one positive thing, one specific action He would want you to focus on and do regularly: - have a quiet time with Him and in the Word - journal and learn to hear His voice better • “soak in His presence”(& have others lay hands on you and pray for fresh infilling of His Spirit.) • Join a home group for support & accountability • Trim spending habits, make plan to get out of debt. Eating healthier and exercising. - take your spouse out on a regular date. - find creative ways to love your spouse, children - step out and look for divine appointments: to listen to someone, encourage, share Jesus, pray for healing.

  38. Tell someone what baby step you are taking.Give them permission to hold you accountable and ask you, from time to time, how it’s going!The Power of the Slight EdgeYour Destiny is waiting for you!

  39. Even God’s rescue plan for the world involved small beginnings and the use of the slight edge of faithful obedience by Jesus

  40. Jesus didn’t show up By making a spectacular entrance to impress. The Lord of the universe went to extraordinary lengths to lower himself and become one of us

  41. John 1:14 • - “The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us”

  42. Consider with me the scandalous approach Jesus took: • The Creator of the universe actually became a helpless, vulnerable baby!

  43. Jesus was born in a barn!

  44. Look at the way the Birth announcement was handled!

  45. His legitimacy was questioned

  46. Jesus had skeletons in his closet! (the family tree)

  47. Jesus didn’t even have a unique and special name of distinction • (Jesus in Hebrew is Joshua, very fitting name meaning “God to the rescue”! But Joshua was a very common name, like Jim or John)

  48. Born to an extremely poor family