100 likes | 534 Vues
With the countless costs involved in having and using hot tubs, a lot of owners are looking for ways to save on their expenditures. Fortunately, there are several methods to saving money on your Jacuzzi hot tub when you need it the most. Read on to find out.
E N D
Energy Saving Guidelines for Your Jacuzzi Hot Tub Written By: Nicole Williams
As the economy still struggles to get back on its feet, more and more people are searching for means of cutting back on costs and save a penny whenever they can. With the countless costs involved in having and using hot tubs, a lot of owners are looking for ways to save on their expenditures. Fortunately, there are several methods to saving money on your Jacuzzi hot tub when you need it the most. The heaters of hot tubs and spas can give an additional 10 to 20% to your energy bill, so you may want to bring that number down. Here’s how:
Turn off your tub’s thermostat whenever you’re out on vacation. Traveling is synonymous with summer, especially if you have kids. Families go out and visit their relatives every 4th of July and avail of various travel deals. Whenever you’re out of town, or whenever you won’t be using your Jacuzzi hot tub for over a week, turn your hot tubs thermostat off to save on energy consumption.
2. Keep Your Hot Tubs Covered. Always cover your Jacuzzi hot tub when not in use. This significantly lessens the water wasted and minimizes the loss of heat. Hot tubs which are left uncovered become dirty and grimy easily and consume more energy when reheating compared to those which are covered and insulated well.
3. Avoid wasting water. Do not waste water, whether by vigorous splashing in the Jacuzzi hot tub or by draining it. If your hot tubs are used a lot, then it’s best to drain it every three months. Don’t forget to check your Jacuzzi hot tub for leaks and if ever there’s any, repair them as soon as you can.
Use a timer. Most owners of a Jacuzzi hot tub use them on a regular basis like once a week or once a day. If you have a schedule for using them, having a timer may help minimize costs by heating the hot tubs only when you normally use them. For instance, weekend users of a Jacuzzi hot tub may set the timer to start warming up the tub on Friday and turn off on Monday morning, thus consuming less energy and saving you money in the process.
5. Maintain a stable temperature. Set your Jacuzzi hot tub to low temperatures and try keeping it there. Hot tubs which are set to over a hundred degrees consume much more energy in order to maintain such higher heat. Turning it down to 100 degrees can and will make a big difference.
6. Maintain your equipment. Clean Jacuzzi hot tub parts which are in proper condition will operate efficiently and will help you save money eventually. Make sure to check the water chemical levels and clean the filters regularly. Worn out or clogged tub filters will only diminish the circulation of the water and causes strain on the hot tubs motor and reduce the efficiency of heating.
7. Accessories Accessories for your hot tubs such as lights are fantastic additions but they consume much more energy. If you use your Jacuzzi hot tub at night often, then try using candles instead to light your hot tubs. Or at least use the tub when there’s still daylight instead.
Don't buy used hot tubs. Buying second hand hot tubs may seem to be a good way to save up, but you may end up spending more eventually. Most modern hot tubs are equipped with energy saving additions such as more insulators and more efficient motors. These consume much lesser energy than older Jacuzzi hot tub models. When searching around for a Jacuzzi hot tub, make sure to make inquiries regarding energy saving accessories of the hot tubs you are interested in.