Smart Energy UK Ltd was first registered in February 2000 and started trading as a Company in July 2000.
The first Installation centre to open was in Chester in January 2001. Following immense success, a further two Installation centres were opened in the same year; Colchester in May and Eastleigh in November. To ensure the Company could reach as much of the UK as possible, a further two Installation Centres were opened; Exeter in May 2003 and Tewkesbury in April 2004. This continued expansion helped Smart Energy UK Ltd promote the use of thermal solar energy in the UK with the following objectives:
- To create awareness of the benefits of solar energy in the UK
- To provide the highest specification of equipment
- To provide the highest standard of installation
- To provide the highest quality of customer service
- To give the customer the most advanced, efficient and cost effective methods of harnessing FREE solar power
The success story continues as Smart Energy UK Ltd is now the largest installer of domestic solar water heating systems in the UK and the only National Company with regional sales and installation centres across the UK to give the best sales, installation and service. All BPEC Certification Ltd approved centres are continuously examined to ensure that high standards are maintained and procedures are carried out in accordance with a series of strict requirements. Smart Energy have their dedicated BPEC approved training centre in Tewkesbury.