340 likes | 641 Vues
Revelation Seminars - Lesson # 2. Jesus is the “Star” of the drama of Revelation . In fact, the key purpose of the book is to help us see Jesus in a wonderful new light.. .
E N D
Revelation Seminars - Lesson # 2 Jesus is the “Star” of the drama of Revelation. In fact, the key purpose of the book is to help us see Jesus in a wonderful new light..
The name “Revelation” means “revealing” or “unveiling”. The first 5 words make it clear that it is “the Revelation of Jesus Christ”. So Jesus and His magnificent loving plans for us are unveiled or revealedin the Book of Revelation.
We must look for Jesus in our study of Revelation. Jesus is anxious and ready to shower upon us His special blessings as we study Revelation, His special book. • So, with a prayer in our hearts, let us discover some of the thrilling truths about Jesus as revealed in Revelation, the last book of the bible. • The book of Revelation is a precious gift to us. • It’s like a wonderful love-letter!
1. How Many Names or Titles Does Jesus Have? • Jesus is called by at least 37 different names or descriptive titles in Revelation. In fact, these names or titles are used over 250 times in Revelation. • What are some of these? • A. Rev. 1:1D. Rev. 5:8, 9 • Jesus ChristThe Lamb • B. Rev. 1:5 E. Rev. 17:14 • Faithful Witness / 1st BegottenKing of Kingsof the Dead&Lord of Lords • C. Rev. 3:18 F. Rev. 19:13-16 • Son of GodKing of Kings / Lord of Lords / Word of God
2. How Does Revelation Describe Jesus?Revelation 1:13 - 18 • A. Garment down to the foot • B. His hair was white • C. Eyes like fire • D. Feet like polished brass • E. Voice as many waters • F. Face bright as the sun
Our Wonderful Saviour • 3. What has Jesus done for us? Rev. 1:5 • “Loved us and washed us from our sins.” • 4. What titles has Jesus given us? Rev. 1:6 • “And He hath made us Kings and Priests.” • 5. Why is Jesus worthy to redeem us? Rev.5: 8, 9,12 • “For thou wast slain and hast redeemed us.”
6. When was Jesus’ Sacrifice Planned?Rev. 13:8 • “…the lamb slain from the foundation of the world.” • See also: • Ephesians 1:4 • 1 Peter 1:18-20
Revelation also speaks of a special book: • 1. “And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals. • 2. And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the book, and to loose the seals thereof? • 3. And no man in heaven, nor in earth neither under the earth was able to open the book, neither to look thereon.
7. Who Opened The Sealed Book? • . 4. And I wept much because no man was found worthy to open and read the book, neither to look thereon. • 5. And one of the elders saith unto me Weep not:behold, the Lion of the Tribe of Judah, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book and to loose the seven seals thereof (Rev.5:5).
Who was this Lion of the Tribe of Judah? • Rev. 5:6 - 9 • (Read the entire chapter.) • The Lamb of God! • “And I beheld and lo, in the midst of the throne … stood a Lamb as it had been slain”(Rev. 5:6). • (John 1:29 [Matt.1:21], 35-36; Isa. 53:7, 1 Peter 1:18-21)
There are some that say someone else is the “Lion of the Tribe of Judah”. They are obviously incorrect – as we have shown, the Bible interprets itself! The very first of the ten commandments say: “Thou shalt have no other gods before me” (Exodus 20:3).
8. What is this book that only Jesus can open? • Rev. 3:5 (20:12; 21:27) • He that overcometh the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the Book of Life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before His angels. • TheBook of Life • (Because He died.)
9. Did Jesus Exist Before His Birth in Bethlehem? • Rev. 21:6: • “And He said unto me, it is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end”. • Rev. 22:6,7: • “… and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent His angels to show unto His servants the things which must shortly be done”.
Jesus is the Pre-Existent Lord: • St. John 1:1-3, 10 & 14 • “In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by Him; and without Him was not any thing made that was made”. “He was in the world and the world was made by Him and the world knew Him not” • “And the Word was made flesh and dwelt among us …and we beheld His glory … full of grace and truth”. • (see also:1 Pet. 1:10,11; John 17:5,24; Phil. 2:5-11 & Eph. 1:3,4)
10. Who is identified as God’s partner in creation? • Rev. 3:14; 4:11 • “And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; these things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God.” “Thou art worthy O Lord to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for your pleasure they are and were created”.
Several New Testament Texts Identifies Jesus as the Creator of this world • John 1:10, Colossians 1:16 & Ephesians 3:9 • Hebrews 1:1&2: • 1. “God who at sundry times and in divers manners spoke in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, 2. Hath in these last days spoken unto us by His Son, whom He hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also He made the worlds”.
11. Is Jesus God? • Rev. 19:13-16: • 13. And He was clothed in a vesture dipped in blood: and His name is called The Word of God. 14. And the armies which were in heaven followed Him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
15. And out of His mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it He should smite the nations: and He shall rule them with a rod of iron: and He treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. 16. And He hath on His vesture and on His thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS. Is Jesus God? Answer: YES! • Awesome passage of scripture!!
Jesus is God! • See: Rev. 22:6,7; John 1:1,14 • In Revelation Jesus is called “The Word of God”. John 1:1,14 makes it clear that the “Word” is Jesus and that He is indeed God. • (See: 1 Tim. 3:16; Titus 3:4 & Hebrews 1:8)
An Amazing Time Prophecy 12. How can we tell Jesus was the Messiah? • Luke 24:27 • “And beginning at Moses and all the Prophets He expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself”. • Ans. By studying the prophecies about Him. Bible prophecy confirms that Jesus was the true Messiah. Over 500 years before Jesus was born of Mary, Daniel was given an amazing prophecy which predicted the exact year Jesus was to appear as the Messiah. Let’s study this amazing prophecy!
13. When did this prophecy begin? • Daniel 9:24-27 • “24. Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy…”
14. When was the “Messiah” to appear?Daniel 9:25 • “Know therefore and understand that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again and the wall, even in troublous times.”
Note: • Time in prophecy is symbolic. God says in Ezekiel 4:6, we are to count each day for a year. Therefore, 69 prophetic weeks equals 483 prophetic days (69 x 7 = 483) or 483 literal years. • See also Numbers 14:34. • For the decree see Ezra 4 & 7.
15. Did the Messiah Appear 483 Years After the Decree? • Jesus appeared publicly as the Messiah exactly 483 years later on the day of His baptism in A.D. 27.
15. Did the Messiah Appear 483 Years After the Decree? • Note: “Messiah” is Hebrew for “Anointed” and “Christ” is Greek for the same. Though Jesus was the Son of God He was not the Messiah or “Anointed One” until He was anointed by the Holy Ghost at the time of His baptism, Acts 10:38. Luke 3:1,3 says this event took place in the 15th year of Tiberius Caesar, which (historically) was in 27 A.D. See also Luke 3:21-23.
16. What Did Jesus Preach After His Baptism? • Mark 1:14,15 • 14. “Now after that John was put in prison Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the Kingdom of God, 15. And saying, the time is fulfilled, and the Kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel”.
17. How Much Privileged Time Did God Promise The Jews? • DANIEL 9:24 • “Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city to finish the transgression and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy”.
18. When was Jesus to be crucified?Daniel 9:26,27 • Daniel 9:26,27 says Jesus was to be “cut off” in the middle of the last, or 70th week. One half of 7 years is 31/2 years. Add 31/2 • years to the fall of 27 A.D. and you reach the spring of 31 A.D., when Jesus was crucified. Jesus caused “the sacrifice and the oblation to cease” because He, as the Lamb of God, was slain, and His death on the cross made animal sacrifices no longer necessary. (See 1 Cor. 5:7) In the midst of the week.
19.To What Prophecy Did Jesus Refer inMark 1:15 • “…The time is fulfilled and the Kingdom of God is at hand…” : • The sixty-nine weeks prophecy of • Daniel 9:25
19. To What Prophecy Did Jesus Refer inMark 1:15? (cont’d.) • The prophecy in Daniel 9:24-27. Jesus began His earthly Ministry with the clear awareness that the time predicted had arrived and His ministry of 31/2 years was to be climaxed by His being “cut off” (John 2:19) or crucified, and that “not for himself”, but for you and me.
20. Was Jesus’ Death For Everyone? • 1 John 2:2 • “And He is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world”. • Answer: Yes.
21. Why Did Jesus Die Upon The Cross? • John 3:16 • “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life”.
22. Will you accept and serve Jesus as Lord and Saviour of your life? YES! YES!! Acapella Rescue: Song # 2: Rescue