Pastor/Teacher - Jim Rickard Thursday, July 9, 2009 Grace Fellowship Churchwww.GraceDoctrine.org
Memory VerseHeb 4:16, “Therefore let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.”
John 14:15, expanded: “If you love Me, (maybe you will and maybe you won’t), you will guard (in your heart) My mandates (when you do love Me).”
Occupation with the Lord Jesus Christ.1) This is the 10th of the 10 Problem Solving Devices.
2)O. w/ C. is personal love for our Lord Jesus Christ through M.B.D.S. / R.4.A. + F.G.H.S. This is freedom from garbage in the subconscious.
3) O. w/ C. is caused by post-salvation renewing of your mind, Rom 12:2, where mystery doctrine of the Church Age has been and continues to be the #1 priority in your life, 1 Pet 1:8.
4) There are two divine mandates with regard to Occupation with Christ.a. Heb 12:2b. 1 Peter 3:15
God makes a direct positive demand on your will and volition to be occupied with Christ, a mandate to be consistent in the metabolization of Bible doctrine.
5) The basis for O. w/ C. is having the mind of Christ, 1 Cor 2:16, by the intake of Bible Doctrine through G.A.P.Jer 9:24; Eph 3:17-19; 4:20
6) The function of G.A.P. is not only the basis for capacity for life but is the believer responding to Christ's love in time. James 1:21-22
7) With Doctrine as the working object of faith, the believer has max. love response toward God causing us to be “A friend of God”, which is a title for O. w/ C. 2 Chr 20:7; Isa 41:8; James 2:23
8) O. w/ C. is based on the fact that Christ has been glorified in His humanity. Col 3:1-2
9) O. w/ C. is the standard operating procedure for the mature believer. Heb 12:1-2
10) O. w/ C. is illustrated by the Doct. of Right Man / Woman. She is to be occupied with her right man as we are to be occupied with Christ. 1 Cor 11:5-9; Eph 5:22-24
11) The sealing of the Holy Spirit guarantees eternal love relationship between Christ and believers. 2 Cor 1:22; Eph 1:11-14; 4:30
12) O. w/ C. includes total dependence on grace provision. Psa 37:4-5
13) O. w/ C. is the basis for blessing in suffering while reversionism intensifies suffering. O. w/ C. sustains you through times of the suffering. Psa 77:all
14) O. w/ C. is related to both stability and inner happiness. Psa 16:8-9
Grace Fellowship ChurchThursday, July 9, 2009Tape # 09-045Occupation with the Lord Jesus Christ! Upper Room Discourse, Part 277John 14:15; Heb 12:1-2; 1 Peter 3:15James H. Rickard Bible Ministries 2009