(20) Biblical Mandate for EvangelismIn the beginning God.(Gen 1.1.) Different world views of God • Trinitarian Theism which means God is beyond the world and in the world • Atheism which means The world is but God is not • Pantheism which means God is all and all is God • Panantheism which means God is in the world actually and beyond the world potentially
(19) Biblical Mandate for EvangelismDifferent world views of God 5. Deism which means God is beyond the world and never manifests himself in the world 6. Polytheism which means there is more than one God in the universe 7. Finite Godism which means a finite God is beyond and in the universe
(18) Biblical Mandate for EvangelismDifferent names of God • Jehovah Nissi – The Lord is my banner • Jehovah Rophi – The Lord who heals you • Jehovah Jireh – The Lord who provides • Jehovah Sidkenu – The Lord our righteousness • Jehovah Shalom – The Lord is peace
(17) Biblical Mandate for EvangelismDifferent names of God • El Hai – The living God • El Kanna – The jealous God • El Hannun – The merciful God • El Abraham Yitzak v Yacov – The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob
(16) Biblical Mandate for EvangelismDifferent Biblical revelations of God A.W.Tozer said, “Give me Genesis 1.1 the rest of the Bible is not a problem for me” Eternal – the beginning Moral – the commandments Relational – Elohim Absolute – Self existing Personal – He could relate to creation and human beings Functional - creator
(15) Biblical Mandate for EvangelismIn His image – Man (Gen 1.26) • The Bible reveals that God created man in His own image. Rev. Dr. John Scott highlights five signs of God’s image in man • Rational thought • Moral choice • Artistic creativity • Social relation • Spiritual sensitivity
(14) Biblical Mandate for EvangelismIn His image - Man Basically God created man for relationship. God entrusted the rest of His creation to man for relationship and stewardship. This includes stewardship of time, land, water, birds, animals and work etc.,
(13) Biblical Mandate for EvangelismLost ness of man In Genesis 3 we find that when man misused the freedom of choice and broke the condition of God, his life was affected and his relationships were broken • Man’s relationship with God was broken • Man’s relationship with his wife was affected • His relationship with his brother was broken So, consequences of SIN resulted in broken relationships
(12) Biblical Mandate for EvangelismResults of Sin • Fear about the future • Burden of the present • Regrets about the past The basic problem was SIN. Sin should be dealt with in order to restore these relationships
(11) Biblical Mandate for EvangelismIn sundry times… Heb 1.1 Revelation of God’s love Though man lost his relationship with God due to his fallen nature, God with great love was still searching for man. He revealed His love through.. • Men of God (like Moses, Abraham) • Judges • Prophets • Finally through His Son, Jesus Christ.
(10) Biblical Mandate for Evangelism7 Covenants • God’s covenant with man Gen 3.15 I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and hers. He will crush your head and you will strike his heel • Noahic covenant Gen 9. 1 to 17 • Abrahamic covenant Gen 12 • Mosaic covenant Ex 20 • Davidic covenant Isa 53 • Prophetic covenant (Book of prophecies) • New covenant Lk 22. 14-20
(9) Biblical Mandate for EvangelismUniqueness of Jesus Christ • His birth • His life • His claims, forgiveness, eternal life • His teaching • His authority • His miracles • His death • His resurrection • His Commission
(8) Biblical Mandate for EvangelismThe Great “I AM” • I am the way • I am the truth • I am the life • I am the door • I am the true wine • I am the good shepherd • I am the Life and Resurrection
(7) Biblical Mandate for Evangelism Mathew 28.19 Therefore, go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you • Go • Make disciples • Baptize • Teach
(6) Biblical Mandate for EvangelismThe Message (Mark 16.15) • Preach the Gospel • Christ died • Christ rose again • Repentance • Forgiveness of sin • Christ Savior and Lord
(5) Biblical Mandate for EvangelismThe Method John 20.21 Jesus said, As the Father hath sent me, I am sending you • As the Father hath sent me • Adaptability • Approachability • Availability • Ability
(4) Biblical Mandate for EvangelismInto the World (Acts 1.8) The power of the Holy Spirit who enables us to preach the Gospel • Empowers (Acts 1.8) But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you and you will be my witnesses .. • Convicts (John 16.8) When the Holy Spirit comes He will convict the world of guilt in regard to sin, righteousness and judgment
(3) Biblical Mandate for EvangelismInto the world • Leads into all the truth (John 16.13) When He the spirit of truth comes, He will guide you into all truth • Teaches all things (John 14.26) The Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything, I have said to you.
(2) Biblical Mandate for EvangelismSub topic: Into the world • Reveals and glorifies Jesus (John 16.14) Holy Spirit will bring glory to me y taking from what is mine and making it know to you • Spirit of truth (John 14.16, 17) I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever, the Spirit of truth. The world can not accept Him, because it neither seen him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you
(1) Biblical Mandate for EvangelismBiblical Model - Phillip • Faithful in serving widows • Faithful in Samaria during mass revival • Faithful in sharing the Gospel with one person in the wilderness • Faithful in preaching the gospel in all the circumstances on his way back • Faithful at home
(0) Biblical Mandate for Evangelism Now the Church is marching forward to fulfill the evangelistic mandate given by the Master, the Lord Jesus Christ. Aren’t you happy that you are part of this ongoing miracle??