Download
slide1 n.
Skip this Video
Loading SlideShow in 5 Seconds..
Evelyn Simpson access2employment Coordinator PowerPoint Presentation
Download Presentation
Evelyn Simpson access2employment Coordinator

Evelyn Simpson access2employment Coordinator

118 Vues Download Presentation
Télécharger la présentation

Evelyn Simpson access2employment Coordinator

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - E N D - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Presentation Transcript

  1. Evelyn Simpson access2employment Coordinator

  2. West Lothian Council Structure Economic Development Manager and lead Officer for Working for Families Alistair Shaw Working for Families Steering group Working for Families (access2employment) Co-ordinator Evelyn Simpson Monitoring & Compliance Officer Team Leader Administrators 2 WfF + 1 Non WfF Employment Advisers 7 WfF + 3.5 Non WfF

  3. Workforce structure Generic Employment Advisers (Key Workers) Employment Adviser Employer Links Employment Adviser Course Delivery Employment Adviser Childcare Workforce Development Discretionary Fund Childcare other barrier removal

  4. Major Achievements • Established contact with a range of Services • Implemented Partnership working • Employability service available throughout West Lothian though outreach • Successful marketing through launches, road shows, streetfairs

  5. Challenges • Overwhelming registrations – not all target group • Staff turnover, loss of expertise • IT problems – connectivity at outreach • Widespread locations of Advisers

  6. New registrations For the 11 months to 28th February ’07 the programme has recruited 335 clients. The target for the same period was 285 clients, representing an over achievement of 18%

  7. New registrations For the 11 months to 28th February ’07 the access2employment programme has recruited 1080 clients. The target for the same period was 974 clients, representing an over achievement of 11%

  8. Gender & Age Groups At 28.02.07, we registered 239 females (71%) and 96 males (29%) WFF results compiled by Napier University at the end of September ’06 show that from the 20 authorities in the WFF initiative, West Lothian has the highest percentage of male clients.

  9. Marital Status 43% of our clients are living with their Spouse or Partner, which means that 57% are either divorced, separated or single

  10. Number of Children per Family The table below shows that 48% of WFF clients have one child and 30% have 2 children representing a combined total of 78% of clients with less that 3 children

  11. Main Language The main language for our clients is predominantly English – 97%. The remaining 3% who’s first language is not English all have a grasp of the language and necessary communication is possible. Translation requirements would be arranged if required.

  12. Client Qualifications 63% of the clients are qualified SVQ/NVQ1 General standard grade or lower

  13. Referral Sources Clients are referred predominantly from JobCentre+ or are self referrals

  14. Agencies referred to:

  15. Major Transitions Major transitions are classed as a client entering into full time or part time work, further education or training over 6 months duration with an accredited certificate. For the 11 months to 28th February ’07 the programme has achieved 126 such transitions. The target for the same period was 119 transitions, representing an overachievement of 6%. The year target was set at 130 transitions and after 11 months this has been 97% reached.

  16. Major Transitions For the 11 months to 28th February ’07 access2employment has achieved 438 major transitions. The target for the same period was 462 transitions, representing an overachievement of 5%.

  17. Major Transitions 38 clients (17%) have entered “Wholesale, retail trades, repairs” and second highest is 17 clients (8%) entering full time or part time education

  18. Questions?