Nissan CertificationEnhancements March 2013 Presenter – Richard Searle firstname.lastname@example.org
Agenda • Certification program • Recent Changes: • Weighted Certified Percentage • Replacement of “Anyone in Dealership" • Dealership Report • How new courses impact certification requirements • User Report • Upcoming Changes: • Recognizing an individual in multiple job titles and dealerships • Updated Program Descriptions • User certification reminder emails • Certification Reports • Completing eLearning Courses • Questions? Please use the webinar chat function
1. Certification Program Certification Program • Ongoing program of studies • Recognizing dealerships and individuals • eLearning courses available 24/7 • To ensure dealerships and individuals within the dealership: • Are fully versed in Nissan Canada's product offerings and technology • Have the process, soft skills and management skills needed to support NSSW • Allows Nissan Canada to recognize dealerships and individuals within the dealership. • Certification is a qualifier in both the Club Excellence Sales and Nissan Award of Excellence 2013 programs • You can display your accomplishments by printing your completion certificates. • The Dealership Certification does recognize new hires and display this on reports and does not include them in certification calculations.
1. Certification Program Current Numbers – As of Monday 25th March: Special congratulations go to Eastern District D where 14 of the 16 dealerships are fully certified. We have already awarded 15 $100 Jump Cards to certified individuals. There will be one more draw in the 1st Week of April.
2. Recent Changes 5 Recent Changes: • Certification Weighted Percentage • Replacement of “Anyone in Dealership" • Dealership Report • How new courses impact certification requirements • User Report
2. Recent Changes Certification Weighted Percentage • We recently added the Weighted Percentage to more accurately report progress towards certification • Certification Percentage: • Based upon number of 100% completed certification programs • Certification Weighted Percentage: • Based upon number of completed or partially completed courses within each certification program.
2. Recent Changes Replacement of “Anyone in Dealership” • When first launched there were 4 programs that could be completed by “Anyone in Dealership”: • Business Office Manager • Fixed Operations Manager • Warranty Administrator • Parts Clerk • This was recently changed as part of an ongoing evolution within certification to: • Require certification programs to be completed by the appropriate staff members. • Accurately reflect the staff positions within your dealership and support both larger and smaller dealerships. • All certification programs are now based upon a list of applicable job titles • For Example the Business Office Manager certification can be completed by: • Business Office Manager • Sales Manager • Assistant Sales Manager • General Sales Manager • Fleet and Lease Manager
2. Recent Changes Replacement of “Anyone in Dealership” • The are plans to further refine this with the use of: • Key Job Titles • Secondary Job Titles • For Dealership Certification: • If the dealership has anyone in one of the Key Job Titles they need to complete • Otherwise can be completed by someone in one of the Secondary Job Titles • For Example with the Business Manager certification: • Key Job Titles: • Business Office Manager • Secondary Job Titles: • Sales Manager • Assistant Sales Manager • General Sales Manager • Fleet and Lease Manager • We will not be implementing this until we have added the ability to recognize an individual in multiple job titles and dealerships
2. Recent Changes Dealership Report • The Dealership Report has been enhanced to: • Show all eligible staff for each certification program • Previously we could only show those that were certified • Show the certification progress for each eligible staff member • Identify users that have been with dealership less than 6 months • The Dealership Report now gives a complete snapshot of a dealership’s certification status in one report
2. Recent Changes Dealership Report
2. Recent Changes How new courses impact certification requirements • Certification is an ongoing program of studies • Courses will continue to be added and removed • We have however recently changed the way we report on and handle this • Previously: • Courses were added to the requirements as soon as they were launched • A “grace period” of 90 days was provided from the date the course was launched • 3 possible user certification statuses: • “Certified” • “Not Certified” • “Certified - In Grace Period” • With these changes: • Simplified to 2 possible user certification statuses: • “Certified” • “Not Certified” • When a new courses is launched it is not immediately added to the list of required courses • Instead it is added once it has been 90 days since the course was launched • These courses are separately reported and a countdown is provided for when they will be added. • It is still necessary to complete these courses as “Currently Certified users that do not complete these courses by the dates listed will become automatically uncertified”
2. Recent Changes User Report
3. Upcoming Changes 3 Upcoming Changes: • Recognizing an individual in multiple job titles and dealerships • Updated Program Descriptions • User Certification Reminder Emails
3. Upcoming Changes Recognizing an individual in multiple job titles and dealerships • Currently a single user account can only represent 1 job title position in 1 dealership • We are in the process of putting in place a solution that will allow us to support multiple job titles and dealerships • For example • Someone that is Service Manager at both a Nissan and Infiniti dual store • Someone that is both Sales Consultant and a Business Office Manager • This will be implemented by use of: • A primary job title and dealership • Additional positions for certification purposes • Dealership’s will be able to maintain this information through enhancements to the Staff List and Census page • With this we will also: • Be further refining the eligible job titles for each certification program • Automatically assigning additional positions based upon certification completion
3. Upcoming Changes Staff List and Census Page
3. Upcoming Changes Updated Program Descriptions • The Nissan Certification Program description is available under the certification menu on Nissan University • We will be expanding into the ability to view and download descriptions or each individual position. User Certification Reminder Emails • Emails will be sent in support of new courses being added to certification to individuals that: • Are currently certified • Have not completed a course that will be shortly added to the certification requirements
4. Certification Reports Certification Reports • 4 reports available under the “Certification” menu • User Report – All Users • Dealership Report – Dealership Managers • Dealership User List – Dealership Managers • Will be removed as no longer necessary with the enhanced Dealership Report • National Report – Field and National Users
4. Certification Reports User Report
4. Certification Reports Dealership Report
4. Certification Reports National Report
5. Completing eLearning Courses Completing eLearning Courses: • Differences among eLearning courses: • All Include a way to exit the course • “Save & Exit”, “Exit Course”, “Quit” or “Exit” • It is important to exit the course rather than closing the browser window or tab • eLearning course completion requires completion of all sections within the course • For support contact email@example.com with as much information as possible on your information, course and section within course
Questions? Thank you for joining us! Questions? firstname.lastname@example.org 1 (888) 699-7002