870 likes | 1.12k Vues
E-resources available in Nepal & Registration Process PERii e-resources and other resources, searching and Downloading techniques. Mahendra Prasad Adhikari Library Consultant Mahenera_libn@yahoo.com,firstname.lastname@example.org +977-056-521527,9845048575. Objectives of the Programme.
E N D
E-resources available in Nepal& Registration Process PERii e-resources and other resources, searching and Downloading techniques Mahendra Prasad Adhikari Library Consultant Mahenera_libn@yahoo.com,email@example.com +977-056-521527,9845048575
Objectives of the Programme To provide information e-resources available in Nepal about e-resources available at TUCL regarding registration process for access PERI and other e-resources. about important website of e-journals and e-books To improve information literacy skill. 2
E-resources Internet and its most used component WWW has turned into a biggest source of information with widest coverage and the fastest access. It is the most powerful tool for global communication and exchange of information. The World Wide Web can be a great place to accomplish research on many topics but finding quality web materials and using them to your advantage in your writing can be challenging.
Definition of e-resources Term used to describe all of the information products that a library provides through a computer network. This includes electronic books and journals, bibliographic databases, and library website pages.
TYPES OF E-RESOURCES Continuing Resources (Serials & Integrating Resources (Websites & Databases)) E-Books Government Publications 9/16/2014 5
Databases E-Journals E-Data archives E-Manuscripts E-Maps E-Books E-Magazines E-Thesis WWW E-Newspaper E-Mail E-Research Reports E-Bibliographic Databases E-Library
You have access to the following online resources in 2012 Journals, databases and mixed packages American Institute of Physics and Acoustic Society of America (More info...) Annual Reviews (More info...) Cambridge University Press - Cambridge Journals Online (More info...) Geological Society (More info...) Mary Ann Liebert, Inc., publishers (More info...) NPG (Nature and Palgrave Macmillan Journals) (as subscribed) (More info...) OSA - Optical Society of America (More info...) Oxford University Press - Oxford Journals (More info...) Policy Press (More info...) Project MUSE (More info...) (Paid up NELIC members only so INASP will not promote this resource) Royal Society - Royal Society Journals Online (More info...) Symposium Journals (More info...) University of Chicago Press (More info...)
The following online resources are only available to institutions with fixed IP addresses Annual Reviews Geological Society NPG - Nature NPG - Palgrave Macmillan Journals Symposium Journals University of Chicago Press You can find information about the online resources by going to http://www.inasp.info/nepal
List of resources in Nepal under PERii Acoustical Society of America (ASA) http://scitation.aip.org/JASA American Institute of Physics http://www.aip.org/pubs/ Annual Reviews http://arjournals.annualreviews.org/ Cambridge Online Journals http://journals.cambridge.org Geological Society http://www.lyellcollection.org/ Mary Ann Liebert, Inc. http://www.liebertonline.com/ NPG-Palgrave Macmillan Journals http://www.palgrave-journals.com/pal OSA – Optical Society of America http://www.opticsinfobase.org/ Oxford University Press E-journals http://www.oxfordjournals.org/ Policy Press Journals http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/tpp Royal Society http://www.royalsocietypublishing.org/journals Symposium Journals http://www.symposium-journals.co.uk/ University of Chicago Press www.journals.uchicago.edu 9
1. Acoustical Society of America (ASA) http://scitation.aip.org/JASA General Linear Acoustics Nonlinear Acoustics Atmospheric Acoustics and Aeroacoustics Underwater Sound Ultrasonics and Physical Acoustics Transduction, Acoustical Measurements, Instrumentation, Applied Acoustics Structural Acoustics and Vibration Noise: Effects and Control Architectural Acoustics Acoustic Signal Processing 10
Contd… Physiological Acoustics Psychological Acoustics Speech Production Speech Perception Speech Processing Musical Acoustics Bioacoustics Computational Acoustics Mathematical Acousti 11
2. African Journals Online (AJOL) Abstracts of over 250 African-published journals, with access to some full text online, and a document delivery service. Subject strengthsAJOL offers the tables of contents and abstracts from journals published in Africa in most disciplines. 12
3. American Institute of Physics http://www.aip.org/pubs/ Subject StrengthsApplied and multidisciplinary physics 13
4. Annual Reviews http://arjournals.annualreviews.org/ Subject strengths Biomedical/Life Sciences Physical Sciences Social Sciences Economics 14
5. Beech Tree Publishing http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/beech Subject Strengths Public policy for science and technology Research evaluation 15
6. Geological Society http://www.lyellcollection.org/ The Lyell Collection is an electronic collection of new and archival journal, Special Publication and book content, published by the Geological Society of London. It contains key peer-reviewed Earth science literature of the highest quality Subject Strengths Geology Earth Sciences 16
7. Mary Ann Liebert, Inc. http://www.liebertonline.com/ 64 authoritative publications in the most promising areas of biotechnology, biomedical research/life sciences, clinical medicine and surgery, alternative and complementary medicine, law, philanthropy, environmental science and sustainability. Subject Strengths Biotechnology Biomedical research/life sciences Clinical medicine and surgery Law 17
9. NPG-Palgrave Macmillan Journals http://www.palgrave-journals.com/pal Subject Strengths Business and management Economics Education Information systems and technology Political science and international studies Social and cultural studies 20
10. OSA – Optical Society of America http://www.opticsinfobase.org/ 15 Optics and photonics journals published by OSA and selected OSA meeting content. Subject StrengthsThe Optical Society of America brings together optics and photonics scientists, engineers, educators, technicians and business leaders. 21
11. Oxford Journals (OUP) http://www.oxfordjournals.org/ Over 200 leading titles in science, technology, medicine, humanities and social sciences. Resource NameOxford Journals Collection for Developing Countries Subject Strengths Biological Sciences Medicine Public Health and Epidemiology Humanities Social Sciences Law Economics, Business, and Finance Mathematics, Statistics, Computing and Physics 22
12. Policy Press Journals http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/tpp Subject Strengths Social policy Social welfare Family policy Social work Public policy Criminal justice Housing Urban policy 23
13. Royal Society http://www.royalsocietypublishing.org/journals Seven leading international journals from the Royal Society, the UK's national academy of science. Titles cover the whole of the biological and physical sciences, and include Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society, the longest-running continuously published journal in the world. Subject Strengths Mathematics, engineering and other physical sciences All biological sciences; particularly good on ecology, environment Multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary science 24
14. Symposium Journals http://www.symposium-journals.co.uk/ Subject Strengths Education Learning 25
15. University of Chicago Press www.journals.uchicago.edu The Journals Division publishes journals and serials in a wide range of disciplines, including several journals that were the first scholarly publications in their respective fields. Subject Strengths Economics Education Humanities Law Life Sciences Medical Sciences Social Sciences 26
Other E-Resources available in Nepal 1. http://www.research4life.org/ OARE (Online Access to Research Environment) http://www.oaresciences.org 2. JSTOR www.jstor.org (paid) 4. Openj-gate: http://www.openj-gate.com 6947 Open Access Journals (4003 Peer-Reviewed) 5. Online Book Page 35000 e-books http://digital.library.upenn.edu/books/ 27
DOAJ (Directory of Open Access Journals) URL: www.doaj.org Head Office,Lund University Libraries, Lund, Sweden. This service covers free, full text, quality controlled scientific and scholarly journals. There are now 5109 journals in the directory. Currently 2103 journals are searchable at article level. As of today 406927 articles are included in the DOAJ service. 28
OARE (Online Access to Research Environment)http://www.oaresciences.org OARE, an international public-private consortium coordinated by the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), Yale University, and leading science and technology publishers enables developing countries to gain access to one of the world’s largest collections of environmental science research, Launched in October 2006 29
Subject strength on OARE Research is provided in a wide range of disciplines, including Biology; Biotechnology, Genetics & Genetically Modified Species; Botany & Plant Biodiversity; Climatology, Climate Change & Meteorology; Ecology & Wildlife Conservation; Energy Conservation & Renewable Energy; Environmental Chemistry; Environmental & Natural Resource Economics; Environmental Engineering; 30
Contd… Environmental Law, Policy & Planning; Fish & Fisheries; Forests & Forestry; Geography, Population Studies & Migration; Geology & Earth Sciences; Natural Environmental Disasters; Oceanography & Marine Biology; Pollution & Environmental Toxicology; Satellite & Remote Sensing Technologies; Soil Sciences and Desertification; Waste Management; Water, Hydrology & Wetlands; and Zoology & Animal Biodiversity.
You have to ensure that you log in in order to access full-text articles.
This will take you to the Journals page.There are a number of databases and bibliographic indexes, accessible from the list on the right hand side of the website.
To access the search engines go the Databases and Article searching section.
JSTOR( www.jstor.org) (?) JSTOR was founded in 1995 to build trusted digital archives for scholarship. Today, we work with the scholarly community to preserve their work and the materials they rely upon, and to build a common research platform that promotes the discovery and use of these resources. JSTOR (Short for Journal Storage) is a United States-based online system for archiving academic journals, founded in 1995. It provides full-text searches of digitized back issues of several hundred well-known journals, dating back to 1665 in the case of the Philosophical Transactions. 35
Asia Journals Online (AsiaJol)http://www.asiajol.info AsiaJOL is a portal to scholarly journals published in Bangladesh, Nepal, The Philippines, Vietnam, Sri Lanka, and Indonesia.You can search for information from all the countries by using the search box below orsearch a single country by clicking on its flag. 36
Asia Journals Online Currently five Asian Journals Online databases: VJOL (Vietnam) www.vjol.info NepJOL (Nepal) www.nepjol.info BanglaJOL (Bangladesh) www.banglajol.info PhilJOL (The Philippines) www.philjol.info SLJOL (Sri Lanka) www.sljol.info
Nepal Journals Online (NepJOL)www.nepjol.info NepJOL is a service to provide access to Nepalese published research, and increase worldwide knowledge of indigenous scholarship. 38
NepJOL Launched in 2007 Currently 70 journals across world wide spread of subjects Online support community for editors Key challenges: Power supply Political instability Staff changes
www.nepjol.info 70 journals listed on NepJOL. 351 Tables of Contents listing 5096 articles. 4407 of the articles are available in full text (PDF).
Bangladesh Journals Onlinehttp://www.banglajol.info/ There are 83 journals with 583 Tables of Contents listing 8018 articles. 7156 of the articles are available in full text (PDF). 41
Sri Lanka Journals Onlinehttp://www.sljol.info/ There are 41 journals listed on SLJOL. There are 349 Tables of Contents listing 3493 articles. 3338 of the articles are available in full text (PDF). 42
Philippine Journals Online(PhilJOL) PhilJOL http://philjol.org/ There are 43 journals listed on PhilJOL. There are 169 Tables of Contents listing 1588 articles. 1260 of the articles are available in full text (PDF). 43
There are 29 journals listed on PhilJOL.There are Tables of Contents listing 3612 articles. 3472 of the articles are available in full text (PDF). Vietnam Journals Online (VJOL) http://www.vjol.info/ 44
Indonesian Journals Online (IJO)http://www.ijonline.net Indonesian Journals Online (IJO)http://www.ijonline.net(started)
List of Resources: Subject Specific Subject specific online resources that are open access so available to all researchers and subject specific online resources that are freely available to researchers in developing and emerging countries. Agriculture Biology & Life Science Chemistry Earth Sciences Education Engineering & Technology Environment Humanities Information & Communication Technologies (ICTs) Library and Information Science Mathematics & Statistics Medicine & Health Sciences Physics Science General Social Sciences 46
List of Resources: Multi - disciplinary e-resourcesthat are freely available to researchers in developing and emerging countries 47
Eligible institutions University departments University libraries Non-profit research institutions and centers, higher education institutions, colleges, Polytechnics, teaching hospitals, professionals training schools and institutes, local regional and national NGOs Indigenous Civil Society Organizations parliamentary libraries and govt. ministries, offices and agencies. 50