1 / 12

Students residing and working in Estonia

Students residing and working in Estonia. Kai Heinlaid 29.08.2014. Right to stay for study purposes. Right to work for students. Staying in Estonia with a C or D type visa or visafree. Have a right to study in Estonia Do not have a right to work in Estonia

Télécharger la présentation

Students residing and working in Estonia

An Image/Link below is provided (as is) to download presentation Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author. Content is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use only. Download presentation by click this link. While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server. During download, if you can't get a presentation, the file might be deleted by the publisher.


Presentation Transcript

  1. Students residing and working in Estonia Kai Heinlaid 29.08.2014

  2. Right to stay for study purposes

  3. Right to work for students

  4. Staying in Estonia with a C or D type visa or visafree • Have a righttostudy in Estonia • Do not have a right to work in Estonia • In certain circumstances, it is possible to work for short term. For further information please go to: http://politsei.ee/en/teenused/working-in-estonia/registering-of-temporary-working/

  5. How to apply for a residence permit? • If you are staying in Estonia with a visa free status or you have a visa and you study in Master’s or Doctor’s level then you can apply for a residence permit in PBGB service office: • In Tallinn P.Pinna 4 (in Lasnamäe), Sõle street 61a (in Mustamäe) or Vilmsi 59 (in downtown) • Reception hours: Mon-Fri 9.00-18.00, closed last Friday of every month. • Application needs to be presented personally • Hand in the application immediately, do not wait until the end of your right to stay because then you will be obliged to leave the country. • Processing time up to 2 months

  6. Documents to apply for a residence permit to study • Application form + annexes (available here: http://politsei.ee/en/teenused/residence-permit/tahtajaline-elamisluba/oppimiseks/ ) • Invitation/consent from school • a language skills certificate issued by the school • Written explanation why he/she wishes to settle to study in Estonia • a document which certifies the legal income of the applicant or his/her parent, spouce, or any other person who ensures your financial support • Needs to show the amount, source, regularity of the income! • an identity document of the applicant • photo • State fee 63,91  € • Insurance contract- (Some examples: If, Inges, ERGO, ISL Plan General, Cristal Studies, Swisscare etc)

  7. Residence permit to study • Residence permit to study is issued for 1 year at a time and can be extended. • For last year of studies, residence permit can be issued for longer than 1 year – for up to 6 months after the end of studies • 6 extra months meant for job seeking! • Residence permit is issued to study full time!

  8. Right to work for students with residence permit • Students have the right to work during studies – no need for separate work permit! • However, students need to continue studying full time! • Primary purpose for residence is to study! • Residence permit can be revoked if student fells behind in studies!

  9. IMPORTANT NOTES TO REMEMBER • If you have questions about your right to stay and/or work, please contact PBGB information number or send an email. • Register your place of residence in the population registry within 1 month after receiving temporary residence permit! • at Pärnu road 9, bring passport and tenancy agreement

  10. IMPORTANT NOTES TO REMEMBER • Submit application to extend temporary residence permit at least 2 months before the end of current residence permit! • Do not leave the country for summer break before you have received your new residence permit card!

  11. Staying in Estonia after studies • Before the end of your residence permit, you have the right to apply for a new residence permit in Estonia (need to do it 2 months before the end) • Other grounds for temporary residence permit: • For employment • For business Moreinformationfrom: http://www.politsei.ee/en/teenused/residence-permit/tahtajaline-elamisluba/

  12. Information: Phone 612 3000 Email ppa@politsei.ee Thankyou!

More Related