Matthew 7:24 -27 24 “Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock: 25 and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock. 26 “But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand: 27 and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall.”
1. Principle of empowerment Without aid from the Divine Being, one cannot have real success. But With His support, you are assured of true Success. Matthew 5:5 – Blessed are the meek for they shall inherit the earth.
2. Principle of role modelling To do things right, to love, to walk in the fear of the Lord and to keep one’s life pure is necessary, by doing that we model godliness and we become the lens through which many see and experience the God of love. Matthew 5:16 – Let your light so shine before men, that they see your good deeds and glorify God in heaven.
3. Principle of pursuing your prophecy Every prophetic word is great when received and mixed with faith and then greatly pursued. Matthew 5:17 - Do not think I came to destroy the law of the prophets but to fulfil it.
4. Principle of maintaining good relations Sorrow, bitterness, unhappiness and loneliness spring out of bad relations with people. Matthew 5:24 – Leave your gift before the alter and go your way and first be reconciled to your brother and then come and offer your gift.
5. Principle of fidelity One dry tree if set ablaze, will cause a whole forest to burn, so does infidelity, it will destroy a marriage or a whole family Matthew 5:27 – You have heard that it was said that you shall not commit adultery.
6. Principle commitment Sacrifice is commitment. A good and lasting marriage is made up of sacrifices. At wimpy when one eats bacon and eggs, the chicken contributes eggs and the pig sacrifices his life. The pig exhibits commitment. Matthew 5:32 – I say whoever divorces His wife for other for other than sexual immorality causes her to commit adultery.
7. Principle of yes or no Without pressure from anyone, If it’s in your power to help people then say yes, but let your word be your bond, if it’s not in your power then do not be afraid or feel condemned to say no. Matthew 5:37 – Let your yes be yes and your no; be no for whatever is more than these is from the evil one.
8. Principle of going the extra mile Render more and better service than you are paid for, and sooner or later you will receive compound interest from your investment. The more you give, the more you get. Matthew 5:41 – Whoever compels you to go one mile with them go two miles with him.
9. Principle of loving your enemies If one says I will forgive you and also says; but I cannot forget what you did, it’s just another way of saying I will not forgive. Forgiveness ought to be likened to a cancelled note which is torn into two pieces and lit up so that it can never be shown against one Matthew 5:44 – I say to you, love your enemies; bless those who curse you and do good to those who hate you and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you.
10. Principle of doing good deeds Never take away hope from another person. Life is worthwhile when lived for serving and helping others succeed, so make it your aim in life to invest in people and build people. Matthew 6:3 – When you do a charitable deed; do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing.
11. Principle of prayer Prayer is not just an act practised by an old woman to multiply the last food she has in her home. Properly comprehended and applied, prayer is the most powerful tool of action which can be used to bring about desired change to ones situation Matthew 6:6 – But you when you pray; go into your room and when you have shut the door; pray to your father who is in the secret place and your father who sees in secret will reward you openly.
12. Principle of true fasting How and what you consume spiritually equals a vessel that will be used for noble use by the master. Matthew 6:17-18 – But when you fast; anoint Your head and wash your face; so that you do not appear to men as though you are fasting but to your father who is in the secret place and who sees in secret but will reward you openly.
13. Principle of Investing in Gods kingdom He or she that will not sow their wealth to do any good for others, robs him or herself from real and true pleasure in the present and the uttermost joy and happiness later in life. Matthew 6:20 – But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven where neither moth or rust destroy and where thieves do not break in and steal.
14. Principle of vision The strength and true measure of a successful person consists in finding out the path in which God is going, and then focus on that path and follow Him along that path, for that path leads to life. Matthew 6:22 – The lamp of the body is the eye, if the eye is good your whole body will be full of light.
15. Principle of prioritising God is all powerful, the earth is His foot stool. Money is very powerful , it answers all things, if one trusts in external riches and focuses on acquiring external riches alone, then one will worship and serve the external, if one trusts in internal riches and focuses on acquiring internal riches, one will serve that which makes one rich internally. Matthew 6:24 – No one can serve two masters for either. He will hate the one and love the other.
16. Principle of trust Worry is a very strong vice, not tangible but extremely potent. It robs and takes away ones joy, it destroys hope and it takes away ones legal rights to happiness and it kills ones appetite for living. Matthew 6:33 – But seek first the kingdom of God and its righteousness and all these other things will be added to you
17. Principle of not judging others” If you criticise other people, you will have no time to care for, love and celebrate people. Matthew 7: 3 -Why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye when you have a log in your on eye.
18. Principle of Persistence If you have been trying to unlock a certain door for a long period of time, make sure that you try every key on the bunch of keys you have, in a moment, in a little while if you do not give up, one of them will surely open the door. Matthew 7:8 – For everyone who asks receives and for everyone who seeks finds.
19. Principle of the narrow way There is a prepared place of abundance for you , but to get there , there is road designed and marked specifically for you by heaven to follow; the directions to this place are found in the great map book, Gods word, study the map book carefully and follow the route marked out for you, for you sure will reach your fullest potential and you will do and accomplish things deemed impossible. Matthew 7:14 – But narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life and there are a few who find it.
20. Principle of good fruit vs. bad fruit Your actions will always speak louder than your words. Matthew 7:15:18 Beware of false prophets they come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves, a good tree cannot bear bad fruit; nor can a bad tree bear good fruit.
21. Principle of authenticity Have you ever heard of a shop advertising lukewarm coffee or tea? It’s a hot cup of coffee or tea they advertise or market right. Even God does not like lukewarm; if you want to be hot then you must be hot; if you want to be cold then be cold, if you want to be a Christian then be one don’t fake it but be real, be authentic. Matthew 7:21 – But not everyone who says Lord , Lord shall enter the kingdom of heaven but he who does the will of my father.