Write the word that matches the definition. Testimonial Bandwagon Loaded Words Name Calling 1. This propaganda uses the “everyone is doing it” approach. 2. This propaganda uses a famous person to endorse a product, person, or idea. 3. This propaganda uses adjectives with no real meaning. 4. This propaganda criticizes a person or product for no reason.
5.What is propaganda? • A. the spreading of information to help or hurt a cause. • B. Tells only the side you want people to know. • C. Appeals to emotions rather than intellect. • D. All of the above.
Which type of propaganda is used in each example? • After a hot game of volleyball in the bright, afternoon, sun, there is nothing more refreshing than an icy, cold, sparkling glass of Aqua Fina to quench your thirst. • A. Bandwagon • B. Name Calling • C. Loaded Words • Testimonial • More people go with Visa. • A. Bandwagon • B. Name Calling • C. Loaded Words • D. Testimonial
8. Hillary Duff, on her latest movie set, said that diet coke is her beverage of choice. A. Bandwagon B. Name Calling C. Loaded Words D. Testimonial 9. Pro Spirit Wax is the only product that cuts through tough stains. No other product compares . A. Bandwagon B. Name Calling C. Loaded Words D. Testimonial
10. All of these things are used in media to attract attention except? A. color B. sound C. facts D. photography
11.This ad is an example of what type of propaganda? • Loaded Words • B. Name Calling • C. Testimonial • D. Bandwagon
12. What type of camera angle is used in this photograph? • Close Up • Medium Shot • Long Shot
13. What type of camera angle is used in this photograph? A. Close Up B. Medium Shot C. Long Shot
14. What type of camera angle is used in this photograph? A. Close Up B. Medium Shot C. Long Shot
15. This photograph demonstrates which type of conflict? A. Man Vs. Man B. Man Vs. Society C. Man Vs. Self D. Man Vs. Society E. Man Vs. Nature
16. This photograph demonstrates which type of conflict? A. Man Vs. Man B. Man Vs. Society C. Man Vs. Self D. Man Vs. Technology E. Man Vs. Nature
17. This photograph demonstrates which type of conflict? A. Man Vs. Man B. Man Vs. Society C. Man Vs. Self D. Man Vs. Society E. Man Vs. Nature
18. This photograph demonstrates ___________. A. Harmony B. Conflict
19. This photograph demonstrates __________. • Harmony • Conflict
20. What object is in the background? 21. What object is in the foreground?
26.) A television program in which the host of the show travels to different parts of the world is most likely intended to ____________. A.) describe B.) inform C.) entertain D.) persuade 27.) An hour long paid program about a new weight loss program is most likely intended to ______________. A.) inform B.) describe C.) entertain D.) persuade
28.) Mrs. Pridemore is the drama teacher at Frost High School. The drama club’s winter performance is coming up in the next two weeks, and Mrs. Pridemore needs to inform the students of the dates and times of the winter performance during the morning assembly. Which of the following would best enhance her presentation? A. an announcement on the school’s intercom system B. copies of the script of the play and information about the play C. a list of the students who will be performing in the play D. posters advertising the title, dates, and times of the performance
29.) Hunter has been assigned a presentation to inform his social studies class about the key battles of the Civil War. Which of the following would best enhance his presentation? A.photographs of soldiers during the Civil War era B.a chart showing the number of deaths during the Civil War C.political cartoons from newspapers during the Civil War D.an illustrated timeline of the important battles during the war
COMMERCIAL • How might the advertisers want you to feel as you watch the ad? • What words or phrases are repeated throughout the ad? • Describe the pace. • What mood does the music create? 35/36. What TWO types of propaganda are used?