Pastor/Teacher Jim Rickard Sunday, August 29, 2010 Grace Fellowship Church www.GraceDoctrine.org
Limited in rights and privileges, thinking and actions. Carries out the will and purpose of and depends on others to pro-vide protection and sustenance. The Slave is:
A slave does what he is told without understanding his master’s mind or business.
“Knowledge is power!” The more knowledge you have of God and His Plan for your life, the more power you will have over your own life, your sin nature and Satan’s Cosmic System.
LEGO - Perfect, Active, Indicative: “to say or address”. Because of the relationship Jesus has had with them, they are currently designated as “His friends.”
Principles: 1) The privilege of friendship is being made acquainted with the plans, wishes, and desires of your friend.
2) The traditional Greek concept of friendship emphasized equality among companions.
3) Friendship includes loyalty (sometimes to the death), equality and mutual sharing of all possessions, plus an intimacy in which a friend could share everything in confidence.
5) The obedience that Christ asks from us is not that of the slave, but of the friend. Because we are His friends and abide in Him, we know His will and share His secrets.
6) Jesus called His disciples friends as a result of making them acquainted with the reasons why He was about to leave them, and with His secret (mystery) doctrines for the Church Age.
4. “For all things that I have heard from My Father I have made known to you.”
4. “For all things that I have heard from My Father I have made known to you.”A reference to the thinking of God that Jesus learned in His humanity and revealed to His disciples.
GNORIZO. Aorist, Active, Indicative. “To come to know, disclose, to make known.”
The Ingressive Aorist emphasizes entrance into the action or state. He began to make known the whole realm of mystery doctrine for the Church Age.
John 15:15, “I no longer designate you all bond-servants, for the bond-servant does not know what his master is doing. To the contrary, I have designated you all friends (loved ones). For everything I heard from My Father I have begun to make known to you all.”
Principles:1) This is similar to what is said of our Lord’s relationship with Moses in Ex 33:11.
Ex 33:11, “Thus the LORD used to speak to Moses face to face, just as a man speaks to his friend.”
2) The disciples were, (and you and I can be), friends of Jesus Christ, because of the Lord’s disclosure of the thinking of the Father.
3) Jesus Christ has communicated to them Bible doctrine and also desires to communicate His doctrine to us.
4) GAP was designed by God so that Jesus Christ could communicate His thinking, His Word to us. 1 Cor 2:16; 2 Cor 4:7
5) The reason why He called them friends was that He had now treated them as friends. Therefore, it was proper that He should give them the title. He desires the same for you and me.
Grace Fellowship ChurchSunday, August 29, 2010Tape # 10-094 Friendship with God, Part 8 Upper Room Discourse, Part 408 John 15:15; Ex 33:11; 2 Cor 4:1-12James H. Rickard Bible Ministries 2010