Matthew 14:14-21(ESV) 14 When he went ashore he saw a great crowd, and he had compassion on them and healed their sick. 15 Now when it was evening, the disciples came to him and said, “This is a desolate place, and the day is now over; send the crowds away to go into the villages and buy food for themselves.”
Matthew 14:14-21 16 But Jesus said, “They need not go away; you give them something to eat.”17 They said to him, “We have only five loaves here and two fish.”18And he said, “Bring them here to me.”19Then he ordered the crowds to sit down on the grass, and taking the five loaves and the two fish, he looked up to heaven and said a blessing. Then he broke the loaves and gave them to the disciples, and the disciples gave them to the crowds.
Matthew 14:14-21 20 And they all ate and were satisfied. And they took up twelve baskets full of the broken pieces left over.21And those who ate were about five thousand men, besides women and children.
You give them something to eat! Matt.14:14-21
1. You give them something to eat!(v.16) • go and meet the needs • Key: Without you, • the needs will not be met
2. Bring them here to me (v.18) • total mobilization: • each offering up what little we have • Key: Simple faith
Luke 9:14-15 14 For there were about five thousand men. And he said to his disciples, “Have them sit down in groups of about fifty each.” 15 And they did so, and had them all sit down.
3. Have them sit down in groups(v.19a) • Unity in anticipation Key: Absolute obedience
4. Gave to the disciples who gave to the crowds(v.19b) Key: Discipleship -- Reproduction by multiplication
5. Gather the broken pieces (v. 20) • Collateral blessings: Shine
1 2 3 4 5 give unite shine reproduce Go
Luke 10:02 And he (Jesus) said to them, “The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest.