1 / 6


FAQ. BILINGUAL EDUCATORS & TEACHER BUILDER TEACHER TRAINING PROGRAM. TExES TEST INFORMATION. What test or tests do I need?. First exam: 192 EC-6 Bilingual Generalist: ( area of desired certification) EC-6 Bilingual Generalist, Spanish, Mathematics etc.

Télécharger la présentation


An Image/Link below is provided (as is) to download presentation Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author. Content is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use only. Download presentation by click this link. While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server. During download, if you can't get a presentation, the file might be deleted by the publisher.


Presentation Transcript


  2. TExES TEST INFORMATION What test or tests do I need? • First exam: 192 EC-6 Bilingual Generalist:(area of desired certification) EC-6 Bilingual Generalist, Spanish, Mathematics etc. • Second exam: 190 (BTLPT) – Spanish TExESBilingual Target Language Proficiency Test • Third Exam: 160 EC-12 Pedagogy and Professional Responsibilities (P.P.R.): Required to obtain the standard certification; has up to one year after starting to work to take it and pass it.

  3. HOW, WHEN AND WHERE DO I TAKE THE TEST? • Go toETS website http://www.texes.ets.org. • Log in to your account with the password provided in your password information sheet. • Register for test Start with your content area test (e.g. Spanish-192 EC-6 Bilingual Generalist or the area of desired certification) • ETS has various testing centers in Houston, Katy, Conroe etc. you can select one at your convenience. • After you have registered for the test make sure you print the “ticket” which must be presented with your picture ID at the testing center the day of the test.

  4. What happens after I pass the content’s test? • You need to prepare your resume, cover letter and supporting documents, for example, your transcripts, test’s scores, ACP acceptance letter, records of class observations, professional references, and…. • Go look for a teaching position! Search the want ads in the local newspapers, use job search engines, and national teacher placement websites. • Check the TEA page, under “DISTRICTS to find schools in your area “http://www.tea.state.tx.us/

  5. I got a Job! What’s next? Once you have an employment offer, you need to complete the following steps: Log on to your SBEC account and apply for your Probationary Teaching Certificate. You will be asked to pay the $ 99.00 for the certificate and fingerprint application. Log on to your e-mail to retrieve an e-mail about the fingerprint appointment. Contact Bilingual Educators to process all necessary forms for ACP recommendation before SBEC.

  6. I Got my probationary certificate and I am working, what is next? Now you are in the last stage of your certification process. You are officially designated an "Intern". • A field supervisor and mentor teacher will be assigned to assist with the during your first year of internship. The intern is recommended for a standard teaching certificate after the all of the following requirements have been met: Pass the required state certification tests. Completion of the online instructional modules with an overall average of 70% or better. Completion of the field experience with recommendations from program supervisor and campus administrator. Completion of the e-portfolio (contains teaching evaluations, program progress history, etc.) Verification that all program fees have been paidto Teacher Builder. Apply at SBEC to obtain a standard teaching certificate. After SBEC receives the Teacher Builder’s recommendationyour certificate will be approved.

More Related