AHDI Presents… Top 10 Resolutions for 2010
1. Be An Expert! The Book of Style for Medical Transcription, 3rd Edition The industry standard for health data capture. $50 members/$70 nonmembers BRAND NEW! The Book of Style Workbook Self-study companion manual for practical application/assessment $35 members/$50 nonmembers
2. Be Well-Resourced! • Searchable national physician & dentist database (1 million+) • Fully searchable Stedman’s library • Searchable electronic Book of Style, 3rd edition • Laboratory database – tests, panels, and normal values • Real-time terminology updates • Daily news/trends updates via dashboard landing page • Associate membership in AHDI Proven accelerator of transcription resourcing/productivity $174 members annually $199 nonmembers annually
3. Get Credentialed! Registered Medical Transcriptionist (RMT) Designed for graduates and specialty MTs. Level I core knowledge exam. $120 members/$200 nonmembers Certified Medical Transcriptionist (CMT) Designed for acute-care (hospital) MTs with a minimum of 2 years’ experience at that level. Level II core knowledge exam. $195 members/$275 nonmembers Did You Know? ADVANCE salary survey showed CMTs earn higher wages than non-CMTs.
4. Learn Online! Earn your next CEC from home. Participate in 1-hour credit-worthy sessions and workshops online. New events offered monthly! Technology, clinical medicine, legislative issues, HIPAA/HITECH, advocacy, and much more! $20 members/$30 non members (per hour)
5. Update Your Knowledge! • Willie Getwell – Editing and proofreading practice • CEC Bundles 2 articles, 3 quizzes, 3 CECs • Mega MT Challenge – Exam prep questions • CMT Prep Quizzes – 240 practice questions for the CMT Exam
6. Get Connected! Join an AHDI Alliance! • Educators Alliance • New Professionals Alliance • Managers/Supervisors Alliance • Visually Impaired Transcriptionists Alliance (VITA) Join the discussion in the Lounge! www.ahdilounge.blogspot.com Get connected to AHDI on Linked in: Association for Healthcare Documentation Integrity (AHDI) Look for AHDI on Facebook: Association for Healthcare Documentation Integrity
7. Network at an Event! • Advocacy Summit • March 23-25, 2010 • Legislative updates • Capitol Hill lobbying • Networking • Advocacy training As a member of AHDI, you save more than the cost of your membership when attending the Annual Convention & Expo. The discounts to regional events are significant too! • Annual Convention & Expo (ACE) • August 4-7, 2010 • 30+ educational sessions & CECs • Expansive exhibit hall of products/services • Valuable networking with colleagues/employers
8. Invest in Your Future! AHDI has launched a campaign to raise $10 from 10,000 MTs by the end of 2010 to support the association’s advocacy efforts in Washington, DC, where AHDI and MTIA are working hard to make sure YOU have a role in the future of the EHR. Donate to the Power of 10 Campaign!
9. Get Ready for Future Roles! Get your training in speech recognition (SRT) editing. • A 100% online SRT course with monthly enrollment • 8- to 12-week course • Hands-on practice using the 3M ChartScript.com platform & authentic speech-recognized drafts. $395 members / $450 nonmembers
10. Stock Your Toolbox! FREE Resource Tool Kits from AHDI • Dictation Best Practices Tool Kit: Give your clients and providers resources to improve dictation practices. • EHR Readiness Tool Kit: All the information and data you need to get ready for an employer or client adopting an EHR. • PHR Facilitator Tool Kit: Resources to assist MTs in assuming the consulting role of personal health record (PHR) facilitator – help the general public develop and maintain accurate, complete PHRs.
You…Only Better Books & Study Guides Web services Credentialing Webinars Training & Education Networking Events Advocacy
Contact Us Most of these resources can be found in the AHDI Online Store – www.ahdionline.org Or contact us by phone/email: Toll Free: 800-982-2182/Direct: 209-527-9620 Email: email@example.com