Pastor/TeacherJim Rickard Thursday, May 26, 2011 Grace Fellowship Church www.GraceDoctrine.org
DoxologyPraise God, from whom all blessings flow;Praise Him, all creatures here below;Praise Him above, ye heavenly host;Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.—Amen.
Memory Verse1 Cor 13:13 “But now abide (live forever) faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.”
John 16:12-15The Holy Spirit’s Ministry to the believer:The believers inability to learn God’s Word without the Holy Spirit.
John 16:12b,“But you yourselves do not have the power to bear them at this present time.”
OUK DUNAMAIThey keep on not being able because in their own human power they can not comprehend these things. But with the Spirit they will be led into all the truth.
John 16:12,“I have many more doctrines to teach to you all, but you yourselves do not have the power to bear them at this present time.”
Principles:1. Jesus left the full comprehension of His doctrines to the teaching ministry of God the Holy Spirit. John 20:22; with Luke 24:13-49; Acts 1:3, 8
Their capacity to receive further revelations would increase when the Spirit of Truth had come.
2. They could not bear them because they did not have the power of God the Holy Spirit, and they were still full of Jewish prejudices.
3. Any Christian who surrenders to Christ can be taught and led by the Spirit. Psa 25:5; 43:3; cf. 5:8
4. It is not age, experience, or education that counts so much as being filled with the Spirit and having a willingness to learn and live the Word. Psa 119:97-104
5. In the postsalvation spiritual life of the believer, there must be a spiritual I.Q. which provides for each of us equal opportunity and equal privilege to execute the Plan of God for the Church Age.
This cannot be accomplished on the basis of equality from human I.Q. It can only be accomplished through an I.Q. provided by God in eternity past.
6. At our physical birth we are not born equal; but at our spiritual birth we are born again, equal.
7. In our spiritual birth, God has provided for our spiritual I.Q. which leads to spiritual growth and the execution of His plan and does not depend on any form of human I.Q.
8. The unbeliever cannot understand spiritual phenomena with his six thinking skills: comprehension, memory, problem solving, decision making, creativity, awareness. 1 Cor 2:14
11. God has provided for all believers a system of spiritual perception based on having a human spirit and indwelling of God the Holy Spirit.
With the ministry of the filling of the Holy Spirit the believer’s human spirit is able to metabolize Bible doctrine.
Job 32:8, “But it is the spirit of man and the Spirit of the Almighty that gives perception.”
Rom 8:16, “The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are the children of God.”
12. The filling of the Spirit is the basis for the spiritual I.Q. and based on the principle of equality.
Therefore, our Lord delineated the fact that the Holy Spirit would be our teacher during the Church Age, John 14:26; 16:12-14. Paul declared this in 1 Cor 2:9-16.
Grace Fellowship ChurchThursday, May 26, 2011Tape # 11-062God the Holy Spirit’s Teaching Ministry to the BelieverUpper Room Discourse, Part 512John 16:12; Job 32:8; Psa 25:5; 119:97-104; Rom 8:16; 1 Cor 12:9-16James H. Rickard Bible Ministries 2011