HOW TO INSTALL A POOL HEAT PUMP
Need To Know How To Operate It At Its Optimal Efficiency. You Should Know The Following: • AN APPROPRIATE PLACE • A FLAT BASE • USING EXISTING PLUMBING • APPROPRIATE WATER FLOW RATE • SUFFICIENT SUPPLY OF ELECTRIC ENERGY
WHY SHOULD YOU MAINTAIN YOUR SOLAR POOL HEATING SYSTEM? • If you want affordable and on-demand pool heating, a pool heat pump is the best choice. • Indeed, gas heats quicker, but in spite of today’s low prices, a gas pool heater can burn up your hard-earned money in propane or natural gas, year after year. • Pool heat pumps just use petite amounts of electrical energy to rotate a fan and compress a refrigerant. • The heat generated is basically free – imbibed from the outside air, and transmitted into your pool water.
1. AN APPROPRIATE PLACE • Ideally, pool heat pumps must be installed outdoors having a steady supply of fresh air to remove heat. • You’ll need to select a place where it will obtain good air flow because the most favourable heat pump efficiency depends on good air flow. Ensure that the air being released by the fan will not strike any barrier and get re-circulated into the heat pump.
2. A FLAT BASE • A pool heat pump’s base should be level or flat irrespective of it is installed above or below water level. • You can install the unit on a small section of timber decking or on a concrete base or paving slabs laid on sand. • The heat pump only produces a minimal vibration that won’t disrupt the paving slabs.
3. USING EXISTING PLUMBING • It’s simple to connect a new swimming pool heat pump to your existing plumbing pipe-work system of the swimming pool. • The first thing you’ll need to do is to check the size of pipes you currently have so that you can get the right sized connectors and elbows to connect it to your existing plumbing. • Ensure to put the unit behind all filters and swimming pool pumps but before all chlorinators and chemical pumps. Pool heating
4. APPROPRIATE WATER FLOW RATE • You’ll need to ensure the water flow rate to the pool heat pump is not low. In case the water flow rate to your pool heat pump is low, then the water will overheat and cause the unit to turn off. • In addition, you’ll need examining that the water flow rate from your swimming pool heat pump and through your filter is not very high. • Most of the swimming pool heat pumps will mention their required water flow rate in their specifications table.
5. SUFFICIENT SUPPLY OF ELECTRIC ENERGY • To support the functioning and start-up currents for the heat pump, you’ll need the right supply of electric energy. Suppose, your electric supply is unable to support your heat pump, you’ll require the services of a licensed electrician to run a dedicated cable to the heat pump. • At all times, you must follow the manufacturer’s standard installation recommendations not only to protect the warranty on your unit but also to prevent your heat pump from stop functioning appropriately. More Information About
ABOUT THERMO POOLS : Thermo Pools is Australia’s choice for solar pool heating installations, but why are Aussies choosing us over any other competitor? Well, for a start we have been in business for over 40 years and what we don’t know about solar power installations isn’t worth knowing. We also are the manufacturers of Thermo tube which is based in Sydney and use our own install technicians, so our customers enjoy a seamless install and service from a hard working team of professionals. The first Thermo tube system was invented decades ago and has continuously improved and innovated over time to offer the most efficient solar pool heating system around. There are companies who have tried to copy the Thermo tube system, but they use cheaper, rigid, mass produced, standardised size poly products which aren’t flexible to fit perfectly to the roof and does not offer maximum efficiencies.
CONTACT US : NAME : THERMO POOLS ADDRESS : 14/322 ANNANGROVE ROAD, ROUSE HILL, NSW, 2155 EMAIL: INFO@THERMOPOOLS.COM.AU www.thermopools.com.au