Contents • Your Account • Deposits • Reimbursements • Paying Vendors
1. Your Account • Each org. has a unique 5-digit code called a “Fund Number” • 91_ _ _ • Your account runs on a reimbursement basis. Therefore you are required to: • Know your account balance BEFORE spending money. • Keep a Shadow Budget. • Reimbursement requests that bring your account balance below $0 will not be approved.
2. Deposits • TWO club members collect and count the funds. • Deposit form is filled out. • Deposit forms can be obtained at the ASI Front Desk Staff (USU 3700), Natalie Marshall, or at http://csusm.edu/asi under the Student Organization Account Services tab. • Funds (cash or check) and deposit form are dropped off at the Cashier’s office in Cougar Central (Craven 3800) within 24 hours of obtaining funds.
3. ReimbursementsExpenditure Request Form (ERF) Go to bit.ly/erfcsusm Fill out the signer information REQUESTER:Required. This is whoever is filling out the ERF. PRESIDENT:Required. ADVISOR:Required. TREASURER: Required. CAMPUS RECREATION (Sports Clubs): Sports clubs will need to fill out the Campus Recreation role (Ryan Groth, firstname.lastname@example.org). CHECK RECIPIENT(CC optional):Not a signing role. This is anyone who would like to receive a copy of the ERF.
3. ReimbursementsExpenditure Request Form (ERF) FILLING OUT THE FORM CLUB/ORG NAME: Select organization name (fund number will automatically pop-up) CHECK RECIPIENT INFORMATION: Information of who being reimbursed. REASON FOR REQUEST: What was purchased and why was it purchased for your organization? (ex. Pizza for May Meeting) AMOUNT: How much is being reimbursed? Attach ITEMIZED receipts/invoices: You can add up multiple receipts. RECEIVE PAYMENT: Will the recipient pick up the check or have it mailed to the address provided? Click FINISH: the ERF will be sent to the signing roles for their digital signature.
3. ReimbursementReceipts Itemized NOT Itemized BANK STATEMENTS ARE NOT ITEMIZED
3. ReimbursementsPicking up Checks • Reimbursements are issued 1-2 weeks after completed ERFs are approved. • Check recipients will get an email when their check is available for pick up. • Checks are mailed if specified on the ERF or not picked up after a week. • Pick up checksat the ASI Front Desk: • Monday – Friday between 9:00 am – 6:00 pm • Bring a form of identification (drivers license or student ID card)
4. PAYING VENDORS Paying by Check Paying WITH THE ASI Card • Complete an ERF made out to the “ASI Student Org. Credit Card” • Check Recipient Info = ASI Info • Attach an itemized invoice • Contact Natalie Marshall to make an appointment to use the ASI credit card (First come, first served) ** Minimum charge to use the ASI credit card is $100. • Complete an ERF made out to the vendor you are paying • Check Recipient Info = Vendor Info • Attach an itemized invoice • Select whether a member of your organization will pick up the check or if you would like it mailed. **New vendors will need to complete a Payee Data Form before a check is cut.
OVERVIEW • Natalie Marshall • Account activity • Status of ERF • Paying with the student org. credit card • Invoicing departments on campus • ASI Front Desk (USU 3700) • Obtain deposit form • Pick up checks • Cashier’s Office (Craven 3800) • Make deposits • http://csusm.edu/asiunder the Student Organization Account Services tab • Account balance • Deposit slip • Payee Data Form • ERF link (bit.ly/erfcsusm)
Questions? Natalie Marshall Student Organization & Project Specialist Associated Students, Inc. University Student Union 3700 email@example.com 760-750-6002