Download
the dihybrid cross n.
Skip this Video
Loading SlideShow in 5 Seconds..
THE DIHYBRID CROSS PowerPoint Presentation
Download Presentation
THE DIHYBRID CROSS

THE DIHYBRID CROSS

306 Vues Download Presentation
Télécharger la présentation

THE DIHYBRID CROSS

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - E N D - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Presentation Transcript

  1. THE DIHYBRID CROSS Studying the inheritance of two characters simultaneously © 2007 Paul Billiet ODWS

  2. Mendel’s peas © 2007 Paul Billiet ODWS

  3. Combinations © 2007 Paul Billiet ODWS

  4. Is the inheritance of one character affected by the inheritance of another? © 2007 Paul Billiet ODWS

  5. Is the inheritance of one character affected by the inheritance of another? © 2007 Paul Billiet ODWS

  6. A dihybrid cross can be treated as two separate monohybrid crosses The expected probability of each type of seed can be calculated: • Probability of an F2 seed being round = 75% or ¾ • Probability of an F2 seed being wrinkled = • Probability of an F2 seed being yellow = • Probability of an F2 seed being green = © 2007 Paul Billiet ODWS

  7. A dihybrid cross can be treated as two separate monohybrid crosses The expected probability of each type of seed can be calculated: • Probability of an F2 seed being round = 75% or ¾ • Probability of an F2 seed being wrinkled = 25% or ¼ • Probability of an F2 seed being yellow = 75% or ¾ • Probability of an F2 seed being green = 25% or ¼ © 2007 Paul Billiet ODWS

  8. Therefore • Probability of an F2 seed being round and yellow = ¾ x ¾ = 9/16 = 56.25% • Probability of an F2 seed being round and green = • Probability of an F2 seed being wrinkled and yellow = • Probability of an F2 seed being wrinkled and green = © 2007 Paul Billiet ODWS

  9. Therefore • Probability of an F2 seed being round and yellow = ¾ x ¾ = 9/16 = 56.25% • Probability of an F2 seed being round and green = ¾ x ¼ = 3/16 = 18.75% • Probability of an F2 seed being wrinkled and yellow = ¼ x ¾ = 3/16 = 18.75% • Probability of an F2 seed being wrinkled and green = ¼ x ¼ = 1/16= 6.25% © 2007 Paul Billiet ODWS

  10. Predicting how many seeds we could expect to get in a sample © 2007 Paul Billiet ODWS

  11. Predicting how many seeds we could expect to get in a sample © 2007 Paul Billiet ODWS

  12. THE LAW OF INDEPENDENT ASSORTMENT • It appears that the inheritance of seed shape has no influence over the inheritance of seed colour • The two characters are inherited INDEPENDENTLY • The pairs of alleles that control these two characters assort themselves independently © 2007 Paul Billiet ODWS

  13. Mendel & Meiosis • The pairs of chromosomes could orientate in different ways at Anaphase 1 © 2007 Paul Billiet ODWS

  14. Dihybrid cross genetic diagram © 2007 Paul Billiet ODWS

  15. Dihybrid cross genetic diagram © 2007 Paul Billiet ODWS

  16. Dihybrid cross genetic diagram © 2007 Paul Billiet ODWS

  17. Dihybrid cross proportions © 2007 Paul Billiet ODWS

  18. Dihybrid cross proportions © 2007 Paul Billiet ODWS

  19. Dihybrid test cross • In monohybrid crosses, to know if a dominant trait is homozygous (RR) or heterozygous (Rr) it is necessary to carry out a test cross • This is done with a homozygous recessive (rr) individual • The same is true for a dihybrid cross where the test cross is made with an individual which is homozygous recessive for both characters (rryy) © 2007 Paul Billiet ODWS

  20. Dihybrid test cross © 2007 Paul Billiet ODWS