Request Material Information Use CaseItem as created in Optiva. Supplier information request(s) can happen at any time. The same process works for Optiva Specifications.1. Request preliminary information to get started2. Complete required data for approval to use the lab3. Request supplier specification for commercialization
From an Optiva Item or Specification from, the user can click a button or start a workflow to invoke Supplier Collaboration.
1. Supplier has been Selected or the user will be prompted to Select a SupplierWhen SpecSafe button or Workflow is selected. Note: If Purchasing assigns suppliers, this can done is SpecSafe.2. If contacts are in Optiva or SpecSafe, Contact(s) are pulled from the supplier record. Contac emails will be used to communicate with the Supplier3. Based on the class or commodity code, a SpecSafe Template is assigned and appropriate data and documents are pulled from Optiva4. If no additional data is required, the request is created and emails are created for the supplier.5. If additional data or documents are required, a Optiva workflow or SpecSafe Routing will collect the data
1. Supplier contact receives an email.2. The contact can click on the link to access the request or use their open item list on SpecSafe home page to access the request.3. Since SpecSafe is a separate database, we eliminate the risk of Suppliers accessing your Optiva database. Each Supplier is information is secure and supplier only have access to their information.
The Supplier fills in the following form to provide the Item information, and clicks on “SUBMIT”
1. The request is a smart page with valid lists and validation rules that match Optiva. To improve usability, the templates will only include a. Documents and datab.requiredinformation for the commodity c. rules to hide or require information d. break long Optiva lists into 2 part keys to improve performance2. One or more users can work on a request. Users can save and come back to the request.3. For documents, the expiration dates are captured when applicable. Share Point directory and meta data are managed in the background to ensure documents are easily searched and not lost. On Publish, all documents and objects with expiration dates are actively managed and recertification processes are automatically managed. You no longer have to search for documents to recertify and manually manage these processes.
4. Improved consistency and accuracy. a. Current, enumeration values from Optiva or entered locally are availableb. Optivaor local validation rules are usedc. Required fields warn users and will stop users from submitting incomplete data d. Dependency rules can hide, display and require information e. Read only fields are available f. Field level tools help guide users g. Sections of template can be assigned to roles and groups h. Internal and Supplier Specific Information
When the Request is Submitted for Review, the Review can happen in SpecSafe or Optiva. In this example, Quality received a Review notification email. They can access the Request via the URL or on their Home Page.
1. The user can review. If additional data or clarification is required, the request can be sent back to the supplier. The use will enter comments for the supplier. a. The same process as above is repeated. b. The Supplier will see the comments from the user2. The user can Approve and Update Optiva (this can also be done in Optiva with a Workflow)3. If additional data or amending of data is required, the user can update the request. a. Risk rating is entered based on date b. Supplier entered “trace” for a numeric value in Optiva. If these types of changes are common, the process can include sending the final specification back to the Supplier for approval.
4. If contacts are in Optiva or SpecSafe, Contact(s) are pulled from the supplier record. Contac emails will be used to communicate with the Supplier5. Based on the class or commodity code, a SpecSafe Template is assigned and appropriate data and documents are pulled from Optiva6. If no additional data is required, the request is created and emails are created for the supplier.
Once the review process is complete, clicking on “APPROVE” will send the information to Optiva. If Workflows are used for approvals, Workflows can be initiated or updated.1. PDF and XML documents are created and stored in Sharepoin with expiration dates and will be used in active recertification management.2. Links to PDF or Documents are attached to Optiva Objects3. All Sharepoint data is searchable and up to date
Activity Tracking:1. Nightly or Weekly summaries of all new requests are sent to a Role2. Late Request email summaries are sent to a Role
Other Scenarios:1. For Distributor, Request for the Distributor and supplier are created. The Supplier request can be sent to Supplier.2. Multiple Optiva objects can be created and eliminate several steps in Optiva a. Item and Constituent Formula b. Specification c. If one bulk is bought in multiple pack sizes, a specification or item can created for each pack size3. Supplier sends updated information. User opens the a page to update documents and data. All information is updated.4. One document is requested at multiple stages of project. The document is updated and older copies are obsoleted.
Based new laws or best practices, specifications and many documents have to be updated on periodic basis.Below is the record of all the suppliers’ certificates, along with their respective expiry dates:
1. When creating the Request, the status of item, specification and supplier are validated. Inactive data will stop a request from being created. 2. Current contacts will be used to create the request and emails.3. Nightly summary emails of all recertification or failed recertification requests are sent to Role.4. Date Manage options a. SpecSafewill sense expiring documents and objects and use a recertification leadtime to manage sending our recertification requests. b. Since each document could have different expiration dates, documents with expiration dates managed individually. c. Since not all documents have expiration dates, these documents will be managed with the recertification date of the request.
Whenever any certificate expires, an automated reminder is sent via email to the supplier:
On following the link, the supplier reaches the following Specsafe page:
1. Based on type of recertification, as much data and documents are provided to minimize re-entry by the Supplier a. Data is pulled from Optiva b. Current documents are pulled from Sharepoint2. Supplier review, updated documents and can update expiration dates3. All validation, lists and validation will be active.
Upon adding the renewed certificate(s), the supplier can click on “SUBMIT” to update the information. 1. As with the supplier requests, users will be notified2. Users can review, approve and update in SpecSafe or Optiva.3. Approved data and documents update SpecSafe and Optiva.4. Published pdfs and xml objects expiration dates are updated and used in automated expiration date management.
Data and documents are updated. This is example of documents links to Sharepoint in Optiva: