Transformation Investigation Fischer
Directions: Fill in the blanks as you move through the power point to demonstrate mastery of rigid and non rigid transformation. Visit the links in the slide for additional practice. 1. The four types of transformations are: ______,_______,_______ and _______. 2. Dilations are a NON-RIGID transformation. NON-RIGID means:___________________ CLICK THE CLIPART TO PRACTICE THE DIFFERENT TRANSFORMATIONS VIA XL MATH
3. A _______ ‘slides’ an object a fixed distance in a given direction. The original object has the same____ and ____.
4. The RULE to Map the pre-image ABCD to image A’B’C’D’ is (X ) (Y )
5. A ______ is a rigid transformation that turns a figure about a point called the ____ of rotation.
7. An object and it’s ____ have the same size and shape but they face ___ directions. CLICK THE PICTURE ABOVE TO PLAY A MINI GAME ON THIS TRANSFORMATION
8. The DISTANCE between the point to the ___ ___ ____ is the same as the distance from the point to the ___ ____ _____
A DILATION is a transformation that produces an image that is the SAME shape as the original BUT DIFFERENT SIZE. Dilations can create a STRETCH or a SHRINK. 9. If the point (4, 8) is dilated by (.5x,.5y) the NEW ordered pair is __________
REVIEW THE SLIDE Click the IMAGE to play the FREE version to review transformations.
11. Dutch graphic artist MC Escher (1898-1972) is known for his work. What transformations can you see in the picture?
12. Click the MATH PLAYGROUND TO USE THE INTERACTIVE TRANSFORMATION TOOL
13. A dilation maps (6,10) to (3,5) what are the coordinates of the image (12,4) under the same dilation? CLICK THE PICTURE IF YOU WANT/NEED MORE PRACTICE
Help Pythagoras w/ his bath tiles by clicking the link below (game) • http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/mathsfile/shockwave/games/bathroom.html