01. The overall force on an object after all the forces are added together is called the ___ force.
03. A measure of an object’s mass is a measure of the object’s ___.
04. One ___ is the force required to accelerate 1 kilogram of mass at 1 meter per second per second.
05. A person traveling in a car that stops suddenly keeps moving forward because of ___.
06. Friction acts in a direction ___ to an object’s direction of motion.
07. Wet pavement is more slippery than dry pavement because the force needed to overcome ___ friction is less than the force needed to overcome sliding friction.
08. The downward force acting on an object in free fall is the force of ___.
10. When ___ equals the force of gravity on a falling object, the object reaches terminal velocity.
11. The metric unit that is most often used to describe weight is the ___.
12. The force of gravity between you and Earth is greater than the force of gravity between you and a car because Earth has more ___ than the car.
13. As the distance between two objects decreases, the gravitational force between them ___.
14. According to Newton’s third law of motion, the strength of a reaction force is ___ the strength of the action force.
15. If the action force of a bat striking a ball accelerates the ball in one direction, the reaction force accelerates the bat in the ___ direction.
17. The momentum of a skate boarder is not conserved because ___ acts on the wheels.
20. The force of gravity is responsible for continuously changing the ___ in which a satellite moves.
22. When two equal forces act on the same object in opposite directions, the net force is ___.