Download
report to the 2012 annual conference n.
Skip this Video
Loading SlideShow in 5 Seconds..
Report to the 2012 Annual Conference PowerPoint Presentation
Download Presentation
Report to the 2012 Annual Conference

Report to the 2012 Annual Conference

110 Vues Download Presentation
Télécharger la présentation

Report to the 2012 Annual Conference

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - E N D - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Presentation Transcript

  1. Report to the 2012 Annual Conference Charles W. Smith Treasurer

  2. Making God’s Presence Known By • Making disciples • Developing leaders • Transforming the world

  3. Making God’s Presence Known • Christ’s Great Commission • Peter’s Pentecost Sermon • Phillip and the Ethiopian • Peter and the Roman Centurian

  4. Making God’s Presence Known Average Worship Attendance 55,790 Decrease 770

  5. Making God’s Presence Known Worship Attendance Largest 1,079 +19 Smallest 3 -1 Conference Avg. 70 Median 40

  6. Membership Making God’s Presence Known 175,487 Decrease 4,124

  7. Membership / Congregations Making God’s Presence Known 249 Increased 406 Decreased 139 No Change

  8. Membership / Congregations Largest 2,610 +24 Smallest 2 No Change Conference Avg. 221 Median 127

  9. Making God’s Presence Known Call To Action Vital Congregations

  10. Making God’s Presence Known Worship Attendance Trend in Iowa

  11. Making God’s Presence Known Membership Trend in Iowa

  12. Making God’s Presence Known 1987 891 Congregations 2011 791 Congregations Net Change -97

  13. Making God’s Presence Known Profession of Faith 2,509 -29 385 Congregations had at least one 407 None Most 66 -21

  14. Making God’s Presence Known Baptisms 2,217 497 Congregations had at least one +14 295 None Most 70 -26

  15. Making God’s Presence Known Professions of Faith in Iowa

  16. Making God’s Presence Known Baptisms in Iowa

  17. Making God’s Presence Known Congregation’s Income $106,377,670 4.05% Increase Average/Member $606.19 Average/Worship Attendee $1,906.75

  18. Making God’s Presence Known Congregation’s Expenses $103,223,614 3.77% Increase Average/Member $588.21 Average/Worship Attendee $1,850.22

  19. Making God’s Presence Known Value of non-building or land assets $111,377,800 0.72% Decrease

  20. Making God’s Presence Known Congregation Indebtedness On All Assets $27,152,345 9.37% Decrease 2.46% of All Assets

  21. Making God’s Presence Known Apportionments $13,334,921 0.52% Increase

  22. Making God’s Presence Known Apportionments General Church 82.09% +0.52% Contingency Funds 100.00% Conference Ministries 81.98% +0.40% Conference Mission 78.41% +1.12%

  23. Making God’s Presence Known Apportionments January 8th 66% Additional 4% Total 70%

  24. Making God’s Presence Known How $ is spent 2.2₵ General Church 10.1₵ Conference Apportionments 7.9₵ Benefits 1.1₵ Advance Special Projects 78.7₵ Local Ministry

  25. Making God’s Presence Known Challenges Ageing Membership Competition Irrelevance

  26. Mission Make God’s presence known • Making Disciples • Developing Leaders • Transforming the World • FUTURE?

  27. Thank You

  28. Chuck, Thank Youfor your 16 years of Leadership From Your Staff