a. Your “prayer closet” can be anywhere you can get ALONE with God.
2. True and effective love for ministry can only come from the freshness of a maintained Spirit-filled life and regular…
1. Parents must openly set the EXAMPLE of regular prayer time and fasting when necessary, as their children look on…
2. It is good that we learn to deny ourselves and FAST every so often, especially when God leads us to do so.
b. Prayer and fasting is a very PERSONAL time with God that should not be shared with anyone.
c. Even though it was recommended for a short season, it still was IMPORTANT enough to interrupt intimacy for a while.
a. There will be times you fail for words as you intercede, but God hears the heart’s cry, and the Spirit Himself, makes INTERCESSION for you.
4. Fulfill your responsibilities as a husband and father, or a wife and mother, but never allow any of your duties to…
…INTERFERE with your personal and spiritual disciplines and devotions.
A. Our philosophy, politics and everything in our lifestyle must conform to the final AUTHORITY – the Word of God.
a. The way we BEHAVE during a major trial in our family will refelct upon the rest of the family.
a. You are responsible for your devotions, prayers, church participation, and other spiritual DUTIES.
b. If you are allowing other circumstances to interfere with your priority to God and His KINGDOM, you are failing in your responsibility as an overseer in your home.
2. The same Word that blesses and honors the marriage vow, warning of its desecration in the end time, also warns that we are…
…not to forsake the ASSEMBLING of ourselves together as the end approaches.
a. God’s Church – His BODY – is to be the force around which our lives are to revolve.
b. Each believer is gifted spiritually for the service of MINISTRY within the body of Christ.
c. Such service cannot be rendered if one is not involved with a church FAMILY.
1. The members of the home should always understand the ROLE of the God-called leaders and pastor of their church.
a. Such positions are installed by God, to “equip,” or “bring to MATURITY,” the saints of God.
a. Every home should be spiritually ACCOUNTABLE to the leadership of a local assembly.