Living with Empty Purpose & Vision: Eccl. 2:11 “ Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind; nothing was gained under the sun. ”
1. Living with Purpose & Vision From God: Proverbs 29:18 “Where there is no vision, the people perish. . .” (KJV) “Where there is no revelation, the people cast off restraint. . .” (NIV) “If people can't see what God is doing, they stumble all over themselves. . .” (The Message)
Missing The Purpose & Vision From God: 1Cor. 3:12-15 If any man builds on this foundation using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw, his work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each man’s work. If what he has built survives, he will receive his reward. If it is burned up, he will suffer loss; he himself will be saved, but only as one escaping through the flames.
Missing The Purpose & Vision From God: 2Pet. 1:8-11 For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. But if anyone does not have them, he is nearsighted and blind, and has forgotten that he has been cleansed from his past sins. Therefore, my brothers, be all the more eager to make your calling and election
Missing The Purpose & Vision From God: 2Pet. 1:8-11 sure. For if you do these things, you will never fall, and you will receive a rich welcome into the Eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
2. Individual Purpose & Vision From God: Eph. 2:1, 4-5, 11 As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins. . . But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions — it is by grace you have been saved . . . For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
3. Community Purpose & Vision From God: Eph. 2:12-13 remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world. But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near through the blood of Christ.
3. Community Purpose & Vision From God: Eph. 2:19-22 . . . you are no longer foreigners and aliens, but fellow citizens with God’s people and members of God’s household, built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone. In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord. And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit.
3. Community Purpose & Vision From God: Eph. 3:10 His intent was that now, through the church, the manifold wisdom of God should be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly Realms.
3. Community Purpose & Vision From God: 1Pet. 2:9 But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. 1Cor. 12:18 But in fact God has arranged the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be.
4. OIF’s Purpose/Mission (why we exist): We exists to raise up an international community that is fully devoted to God, deeply committed to one another, and passionately involved in reaching all peoples with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, from the universities area of Pittsburgh to the ends of the earth.
4. OIF’s Purpose/Mission (why we exist): We exists to raise up an international community that is 1. Fully devoted to God, 2. Deeply committed to one another, and 3. Passionately involved in reaching all peoples with the gospel of Jesus Christ, from the universities area of Pittsburgh to the ends of the earth.
4. OIF’s Purpose/Mission (why we exist): “L Cubed” (L3) We exist to actively: • Love God • Love One Another • Love All Peoples
5. OIF’s Vision (what we are becoming): An ever-growing international community of : • Prayer • Outreach • Training • Missions • Family Love