Agriscience Toolbox Plan of Procedure
1. Table Saw (equipment) • Rip the bottom of the toolbox to a width of 10 inches.
2. Radial Arm Saw • Cut the bottoms of the toolbox to a length of 16 inches.
3. Radial Arm Saw • Cut the handle of the toolbox on the radial arm saw to a length of 14 ½ inches.
4. Table Saw • Rip the handle of the toolbox on the table saw to a width of 6 inches.
5. Bench • Measure off the handle of the toolbox 3 ½ inches up to each side, center 4 inches across the top , and connect the dots.
5. Bench cont. • Center 3 inches across the top, draw lines perpendicular (w/ try square) to the top of the handle a little over 1-½ inches down from these marks, measure down 1-½ inches, and put (+) signs to center the holes to be drilled for the handle.
6. Drill Press • Drill 1 inch diameter holes on the plus signs on the handle of the toolbox.
7. Bench • Connect the tops and bottoms of the holes. • Use the Jig Saw to cut out the grip of the handle.
8. Band Saw • Use band saw to cut out the diagonals on the sides of the handles.
9. Bench • Use router to round top edge of handle and the inside grip of the handle
10. Radial Arm Saw • Measure and cut a board for the sides to a length of 16 inches. • Measure and cut a board for the ends to a length of 8 ½ inches.
11. Table Saw • Set the fence and rip two sides out 3 ½ in. wide out of the 16 in. board. • Take the scrap piece left from cutting out the two sides and rip it to a width of 3 ½ inches. (This will be used for your dividers). • Also, rip two ends 3 ½ in. wide out of the 8 ½ in. board.
12. Radial Arm Saw • Take the extra 3 ½ in. piece for the dividers and cut off two pieces to a length of 3-7/8 inches.
13. Bench • Use sandpaper, sand pieces thoroughly, careful not to round edges. • P.S. start with a coarse sandpaper (50 or 60 grit), then go to a fine sandpaper (100 or 120 grit).
14. Bench • Use a hammer and finish nails to assemble toolbox. • Countersink all finish nails. • Fill holes with wood putty, allow to dry. • P.S. do not leave putty open to dry out. • Sand box thoroughly • P.S. get off all putty and glue
15. Paint Bench • Apply two coats of stain with a rag. • P.S. – 30 minutes between coats. Shake can up well.
16. Paint Bench • Apply polyurethane evenly with an oil brush. • Apply two coats. (30 minutes between coats)