Young Achievers SchoolTechnology Goals for allYoung achievers Staff
1. Increase use of technology to advance and enhance school learning goals. for Additional information, click here to viewYoung Achievers Technology Plan
2. Use technology to enrich the education of our students and increase the use of technology in the class both by students and teachers.
3. Improve student quality of power point presentations in the following ways:1. Use their own words when writing presentations and discourage pasting directly of information from web sites and other sources.2. Decrease the number of sentences per slide to 2 or 3 sentences or lists of points to be discussed.3. Encourage student Presentations that are discussed and Presented, not Read Directly word for word from the slide.
4. Improve student quality of Research and Other Writings in the following ways:1. Use their own words when writing Reports and Research Papers and discourage pasting directly of information from web sites and other sources.2. Encourage the use of Research and Report Writing that uses an “in their own words, dual column” technique . Click Here for Sample
5. Learn the Use of applications that will be valuable in your teaching Click Here for List of Applications and Descriptions
6. Increase Technology Availability in the Class including by not limited to:1. Computers available to students.2. Classroom Multi-Media Presentation package for all classrooms Click Here for Description
7. Increase Technology Use in the Class including by not limited to:1. Use of Computers to complete Assignments.2. Use of Classroom Presentation package on a regular and ongoing basis3. Use of writing laptop cart for extended period of time – approximately 2 to 5 weeks.NOTE: Cart to be used for all subjects while in the room4. Use of Regular Laptop Lab for Multiple subjects and assignments.5. Use of Computer Lab for Multiple subjects and assignments Click Here for Description
8. Used Assisted Technology to promote teaching and learning for all children with the assistance of technology1. Low Tech2. Medium Tech3. High Tech
9. Use film making and digital video editing in conjunction with various projects in the curriculum to enhance student learning and motivation.
10. Establish Two Pilot Classrooms for all the time One to One Computer availability to find new, innovative, and effective ways to use technology to meet and exceed our curriculum goals.
11. Continue to provide individual log on capability for all students and staff in order to provide:1. File saving and retrieval capability for all students and staff from any computer in the system.2. Technical knowledge of logging on and understanding the directory structure and file management system.3. Separate directories for each grade for their work for that year that will provide a means to compile and save work culminating in a CD Rom Portfolio for Students in their 8th grade at Young Achievers.
13. Use some of the specialized tech tools that are available A. Group Email B. Various Calendars such as the School Calendar, Laptop Calendar, Quotes Calendar, and the Middle School Homework Calendar.
14A. All Staff Become Proficient in understanding where to save and find files14B. All Staff Understand the Directory/Folder Structure of the Computer
15. Create a Class Web Site that Has A. Info on Your Class Curriculum - Syllabus B. Student Work and some of your Work C. Your email address D. An online assignment or lesson E. Homework Assignments
16. Increase school communication through use of the school web site and by making information available for such things as: 1. YA curriculum information. 2. Information about student achievements and activities.3. Student work to showcase their accomplishments and motivate students to high achievement.4. Provide a resource for technical and other important information. 5. Provide resources for students and teachers to communicate such things as homework, assignments, reading and writing resources, and web sites of educational value and interest.