Download
trends in gaming technology n.
Skip this Video
Loading SlideShow in 5 Seconds..
TRENDS IN GAMING TECHNOLOGY PowerPoint Presentation
Download Presentation
TRENDS IN GAMING TECHNOLOGY

TRENDS IN GAMING TECHNOLOGY

343 Vues Download Presentation
Télécharger la présentation

TRENDS IN GAMING TECHNOLOGY

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - E N D - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Presentation Transcript

  1. APRIL 1, 2009 - MANILA TRENDS IN GAMING TECHNOLOGY GEM 2009

  2. AGENDA • GAMING TECHNOLOGY - HISTORY • BOTTLENECK • OPEN STANDARDS • GAMING TECHNOLOGY - TRENDS • KEY TAKEAWAYS GEM 2009

  3. PLATINUM MEMBERS GEM 2009

  4. GAMING TECHNOLOGY HISTORY GEM 2009

  5. HISTORYSlots • 1960 COINS • Mechanical • 1980 • Steppers • Video • 1990 NOTES • Player Tracking • Note Acceptors • Progressives • Bonussing • 2000 TICKETS • TITO • Server Based Gaming / Central Determination • Server Supported Gaming • New Display Technologies GEM 2009

  6. HISTORYTable Games • 1980 • Table Displays • Table Management Systems • Chip Sorting Devices • 1990 • Card Shufflers • 2000 • Electronic Table Games • Multi Station Games • On-line Gaming and Tournaments • RFID • 2010? GEM 2009

  7. COMMUNICATION HISTORY BOTTLENECK GEM 2009

  8. HISTORYCommunication • Simple Uni-directional ‘Polled Network’ Technology • Proprietary Protocols For Data Collection • Accounting • Security • Player Tracking • Progressives (WAP) • Bonusing • TITO/WAT • System More And More Critical • Communication Problems = Bottleneck GEM 2009

  9. TODAY… “In 2004,73%of I.T. budgets were spent on maintenance and 27% on new investments. In 2005, survey respondents spent76%on maintenance, leaving just 24% for new investments.” Forrester Research* “40% or more of IT budgets are spent on infrastructure development”. Gartner Research* “Integration remains the number one IT priority; 60-70%of IT budgets are dedicated to it.” Source:WebServices Journal “Various surveys tell us that the typical enterprise is devoting over80%of its applications budget to simply supporting normal business because of the complexity of making change.” Source: CBDI “The Business Case for SOA” GEM 2009 9

  10. OPEN STANDARDS GEM 2009

  11. OPEN STANDARDSHistory • 1994: Open standards fueled the Internet growth • Email anybody • Play MP3 music files on any platform • Access any web page • Bluetooth • WiFi • Internet transformed the way we work and live • 1998: GSA formed – industry agreement • Internet technology = foundation to GSA standards • SAS transition to GSA open standards • Canadian Lottery operators supporting GSA standards development efforts • Casino industry is going through its own period of change GEM 2009

  12. TECHNOLOGY TRENDS 2010 AND BEYOND GEM 2009

  13. TECHNOLOGY TRENDS • Networked Gaming Floor based on Standard IT Network Technology • Content Distribution To Multiple Platforms • Resort Integration • Use of loyalty points through resort /retails/restaurants/events • Unified Players View / Net Worth • Inter-Jurisdictional Communication • Financial tracking • On-demand compliance reporting legality of installed software • Inter-property marketing • Responsible gaming • Improved Data Warehousing • Consistent structured consistent data (e.g.: 02-03-09) • Simplify Enterprise Application Integration • Convergence between Hospitality / Gaming • Gaming floor and Guest room service network GEM 2009

  14. TECHNOLOGY TRENDS • Table Gaming • Player TouchPoint Integration • Enhanced Accounting and Table Management Solutions • RFID • Biometrics • Slots • Player TouchPoint Integration • Social / Communal / Peer to Peer Gaming • Biometrics • Mobility • Use of Internet to extend gaming beyond ‘brick and mortar’ casinos GEM 2009

  15. TECHNOLOGY TRENDS • Wealth Of New 3rd Party Applications on Player TouchPoints • Service • Beverage On Demand • Valet, dinner reservations, tee time, transportation… • Marketing • Advertising • Drive player behavior to earn extra awards whilst still on property • Gaming • Bingo, Lottery, Horse Betting…. • Entertainment • Listen to Music • Observe various destinations within resort • Watch Movie or other events GEM 2009

  16. VALUE PROPOSITION

  17. KEY TAKEAWAYS • Robust High Speed Floor Networks Arrived • Innovation Will Accelerate • Highly Adaptive And Interactive Games Will Come • Dramatically Enhanced Customer Relationship • Build A Unique, Highly Competitive Floor Using Best Of Breed Solutions • Marketing, IT And Slot Ops Need To Work Together • Open Standards Eliminate Vendor Lock-in • Open Standards and Certification Are The Key to Drive Revenue • Participate / Contribute • Request Certification • Get Educated On GSA Standards GEM 2009

  18. FREEDOM OF CHOICE GEM 2009