Introduction Restaurant management system is an easy to use software available in both DOS & WINDOWS platforms. It has various features like cashiering, stores, financial-accounting, payroll etc. including on-line stocks & accounts update, multi-level password protection as well as a user changeable setup.It thus helps in the day-to-day functioning of a restaurant in a proper manner.
The software has a multilevel password protection which defines specific levels to the users. A particular user can navigate through only those levels which are allocated to him / her. This login form appears before the opening of any module.
Cashier Module The cashier logs into the system and the menu for cashier module appears. It consists of KOT entry, list of lock items, reports. (A) (B) (C)
(A) KOT Entry First a table is opened on arrival of guests & information about the no. of covers, waiter attending to that table etc. are entered. A KOT (Kitchen Order Ticket) is issued whenever an order is placed at the table. (1)
(2) This is how a KOT is entered.. Depending upon the type of KOT the total amount is calculated automatically.
(3) Bill Generation A bill is generated for every KOT in the following manner. (3.a)
(3.a) Bill The user has the option to generate a bill for all the items of a KOT together as well as a separate bill for liquor too.
(3.b) Bill Settlement After the bill is finalized in (3.a), it is sent for settlement. (Settled bill) Once the bill has been settled, the table is again available for further booking.
(4) Changing a table If a guest wants to change the table , it is done in the following manner.While doing so the former table is available for further booking.
(5)Reserving a table For advance reservation the guest details which include the no. of covers, time ,no. of tables required are taken.Once this is done, the reserved table remains unavailable for opening at that time.
(B). Lock Menu It contains the list of lock items i.e. the items unavailable for sale at a particular department on a particular date.
(C). Reports This contains the reports on total sales- cashier wise, menu wise , waiter wise etc.
Accounts Module The menu for the accounts module appears as below. It helps in maintaining vouchers, personal cash book, petty cash, purchase bills, sales posting etc.
(1) Voucher Entry A voucher is entered in the following way:
(2) Personal Cash Book The personal cash book keeps a record of the total money transaction i.e. payments & receipts on a particular day. It is done in the following manner.
(3) Purchase Bill A purchase bill is issued to keep a record of all the purchases e.g vegetables, milk etc. made on a particular day.
(4) Sales Posting This form helps to keep a record of the total sales of all the accounts on a particular day.
Stores Module The stores module helps in keeping a proper record of the total purchases, stock etc. The menu for this module appears as below:
1) Requisition Slip The form for requisition of items appears as below:
(2) Issue Slip A record of all the items issued from the stores on a particular day is kept & the form for that appears as below:
(5) Purchase Order Purchase orders are issued for all purchases. This helps in maintaining a record of the quantity of an item purchased, rate of purchase, total amount spent etc.
Payroll Module The payroll module helps in proper maintenance of employee accounts. The menu for the payroll module appears as below:
(1) Attendance A proper record of the attendance of an employee is maintained through the form below.It takes into consideration the in-out time,total no. of leaves taken etc. .
(2) Monthly Work Information The monthly work information gives a proper account of the total days an employee was present, no. & types of leaves taken , total overtime hours in a month. .
(3) Advance This form helps to keep a record of the total advance amount taken by an employee, the monthly installment, total repayment period etc.
(4) Salary Posting This form helps in posting of monthly salary to the employee accounts.
(5) Salary Payment This form enables us to keep a record of the total salary paid to an employee for a particular month & year.
Setup The setup chiefly consists of the master forms related to the different modules.It can be accessed only by a senior authorized person.
Employee Master The employee master contains a number of details like date of birth, address, passport no., blood group, contact no. etc. of each employee. It also keeps a record of the attendance, department of work, allowances given as well as deductions to be made from the salary of each employee. It thus helps in maintaining a proper account of each employee.
Restaurant Master The restaurant master contains details such as the various departments of the restaurant, the types and groups of available items, the taxes applicable on each of them etc.
Store Master The store master contains the details of the quantity, groups & types of items available in the store. It also keeps a record of their opening quantity, expiry date, location etc.
Accounts Master The accounts module helps in the maintaining overall accounts of the restaurant. It contains the opening & closing balances of all the accounts which further helps in calculation of taxes.
Daily Consumption This module helps in keeping a record of the total consumption in terms of energy as well as food on a particular day.