Challenging Questions that an Evangelist Encounters
1. What About the Heathen? (Will they be Condemned to Hell??) "The secret [things belong] to the LORD our God, but those [things which are] revealed [belong] to us and to our children forever, that [we] may do all the words of this law (Deuteronomy 29 : 29) Be Confident that God is Just & Fair in Whatever He does
1. What About the Heathen? (Will they be Condemned to Hell??) No one will be condemned for not believing in Jesus Christ if he has never heard of Him For as many as have sinned without law will also perish without law, and as many as have sinned in the law will be judged by the law. (for not the hearers of the law [are] just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified; for when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do the things in the law, these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves, who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves [their] thoughts accusing or else excusing [them)] in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel. (Romans 2 : 12 - 16)
1. What About the Heathen? (Will they be Condemned to Hell??) The Scripture indicates that every person has enough information from the creation that makes him know that God exists because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown [it] to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible [attributes] are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, [even] His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse (Romans 1 : 19 - 20)
1. What About the Heathen? (Will they be Condemned to Hell??) If People Respond to the Light they have & seek God, He will give them a chance to hear the truth about Jesus Christ And you will seek Me and find [Me,] when you search for Me with all your heart. (Jeremiah 29 : 13)
1. What About the Heathen? (Will they be Condemned to Hell??) There is no indication in the Bible that People can be saved apart from Jesus Christ Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. (John 14 : 6) "Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved". (Acts 4 : 12) We are Responsible
2. Is Christ the Only Way to God? Four Possibilities Liar A great moral philosopher & teacher Lunatic (Crazy) - No trace of an imbalance in His life - Beard tremendous pressure in the time of His death Legend (Myths) Many testimonies proves that He is not Jesus Christ is the truth and the way to God (John 14) Truth
3. Why do the Innocent suffer? When God created the universe, it was perfect Adam & Eve were given the freedom to obey Adam & Eve disobeyed Evil came into the universe - The natural pattern of the universe is that our actions do not only affect us but always involve other people. - Because people disobeyed and broke God’s law, evil broadly pervades the universe. - God gave His life to solve the problem of evil.
3. Why do the Innocent suffer? Our Lord Jesus Christ put Himself as an object to evil and suffering to grant us victory over it for ever …. The only solution to the fact of evil, is God’s solution, Jesus Christ & His cross No matter what we will be suffering in the world, we have an eternal future because we belong to our Lord Jesus Christ
4. How can miracles be possible? If God exists, then miracles are logical Actually, Miracles are one Proof of our Lord Jesus being THE CREATOR Walking on the water The 2 fish & the five loaves of bread Israel children went through the Red Sea
4. How can miracles be possible? If God exists, then miracles are logical He IS THE CREEATOR OF LAW …. SO HE IS ENTITLED TO CHANGE IT THROUGH MIRACLES Raising Lazarus from the dead, healing the lepers, creating eyes for the man born blind, …… THROUGH MIRACLES LIFE GOES BACK TO ITS ORIGINAL GOOD
5. Isn’t the Bible full of Errors? If you were asked this question, You reply assuredly: All errors have logical explanation in our faith Don’t Panic Don’t make fun of anyone Don’t try to argue by mockery Don’t worry … there are NO ERRORS .. We got answers for all such accusations Reply that you will DIG for the answer
6. Won’t a good, moral life get me to Heaven? This is God’s infinite Holiness?? Humanity’s righteousness?? Our Lord Jesus Christ is the absolute standard His Perfect Righteousness is the ONLY basis on which we can come into fellowship with the Living God
6. Won’t a good, moral life get me to Heaven? We can never be HOLY unless if we FALL under HIS HOLY Hands and UNITE with HIM …. Without our Lord Jesus Christ there is NO Holiness. No HEAVEN.
6. Won’t a good, moral life get me to Heaven? Through Christ, we may be reconciled to God, given righteousness, and enabled to have fellowship with Him in His very presence.
The Basic Problem is Moral The problem is not that people can not believe, but it is that they won’t believe as it will make too radical a change in their way of life We ourselves must be convinced about the truth we proclaim or else we will not be convincing at all to other people For we did not follow cunningly devised fables when we made known to you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of His majesty. (2Peter 1 : 16) لم نتبعخرافات مقنعه
Spiritual Day A Spiritual Day will be held in the Main Church on Saturday the 6th of April Anba Rafael & Fr. Dawood
Homework 4 Please point out the Christian Orthodox Beliefs or Dogmas mentioned in: 1Peter 1 : 1 -12 & Ephesians 1 : 3 – 14 and give some details on each of them.