1. What point of view is used for this movie? • A. first person • B. omniscient • C. third person • D. second person
1. C Third Person • The clip we watched showed the events happening from the outside. We did not see the events through any certain character’s viewpoint.
2. How does Simba’s attitude change from the beginning to the end of the clip? • A. He starts out confident and becomes fearful. • B. He starts out surprised and becomes angry. • C. He starts out nervous and becomes content. • D. He starts out timid and becomes serious.
2. A • He starts out confident and becomes fearful. • In the clip, Simba is confident about going into the graveyard despite the warnings from Zazu. Later, he was fearful of the hyenas.
3. What causes Simba’s mood to change? • A. His father’s speech • B. The hyenas’ threats • C. Zazu’s warning • D. Nala’s companionship
3. B The hyena’s threats • Simba’s mood first changed when the hyena’s threatened him and he became afraid. Although he later felt bad after Mufasa spoke to him, Simba’s mood had the most drastic change as a result of the hyenas threatening him.
4. Which detail from the movie BEST creates an image in the reader’s mind by appealing to the sense of sight? • A. Simba’s weak growl echoed through the graveyard. • B. The hyena’s chased Simba and Nala for several minutes. • C. The red flames getting closer to the cubs as they raced through the gray skeletons. • D. Mufasa’s hot breath scared the hyena.
4. C • The red flames getting closer to the cubs as they raced through the gray skeletons. This sentence is most descriptive to the sense of sight because colors and specific images are described so you can SEE what is happening.
5. Read the sentence. From what point of view is the sentence written? • I thought it would be fun to take Nala to the elephant graveyard even though we weren’t supposed to go there. • A. first person • B. omniscient • C. third person • D. second person
5. A First person • The pronouns “I” and “we” show that Simba is giving the account from his perspective. This is first person.
6. Read the paragraph. Simba and Nala decided to visit the elephant graveyard. At the beginning of the scene, they ditched Zazoo and ran into the elephant graveyard. It was dark, gloomy, and covered with bones. Then the hyenas appeared and tormented them. The cubs began to feel afraid. So the cubs tried to run away but got caught in the rib cage. Next, Mufasa saved Simba and Nala. • In order to provide a better transition at the end of the paragraph, which word should replace the underlined word next? • A. Finally B. But C. After D. Then
A. Finally • Finally signals the last event. Since the paragraph has reached the end, it is more appropriate to use finally than next.