Lexington & Concord were the first battles of the Revolutionary War Minutemen fought the British and won! Important Revolutionary War Battles and Events
76. What was Started by The “shot heard Round the world”? 75. Lexington And Concord 1775
Near Boston, Massachusetts Americans fought from on top a hill British lost lots of men ,but capture the hill when the Americans run out of bullets. Moral victory for the patriots Battle of Bunker Hill 1775
77. Battle of Bunker Hill Summer 1775 78. What are the Patriots saying to The British ?
Freezing, starving, patriots suffered, but stayed to fight Von Steuben trains the army to fight ! Army is stronger & tougher than before Valley Forge Valley Forge : Patriot Winter Camp
79. Valley Forge Winter 1777 80. If you asked The patriots Why They stayed At Valley Forge, what Would they say?
Patriots defeat the British & Hessians France decides to become our ally Saratoga: Patriot Turning Point
82. What are The British soldiers Saying about this Turning point? 81. Saratoga 1777
The American army, with help from the French, defeat the British General Cornwallis Final Victory: Battle of Yorktown, Virginia : October 1781
84. Draw In The American & French Troops with X’s 83. Yorktown 1781 X X X x
1. U.S. independent 2. Borders set at Canada and the Mississippi River 3. Runaway slaves returned 4. U.S. fishing rights guaranteed by Britain The War Ends: The Treaty of Paris 1783
X X X x 85. The Treaty of Paris in 1783
Quiz #6 : True / False • 1. The 1st battle of the war was Lexington & Concord. • 2. The turning point of the war was Yorktown. • 3. The final victory of the war was Saratoga • 4. The nation that became our ally was Germany.
Quiz 6 : Answer Key • 1.True • 2. False • 3. False • 4. False