Letter: • It is the written form of communication in which we can convey our message.
The Essential Parts of a Letter: • The fallowing are the essential parts of a business letter: • 1. The Heading • 2. The Date • 3. The Inside Address • 4. The Salutation • 5. The Body • 6. The Complimentary Closing • 7. The Signature
1. The Heading • The heading consists of the name of the firm and its full address. Most business companies use printed letterheads on which the essential details of the address are given.
2. The Date • The date is usually typed after two spaces bellow the last line of the heading. The date should be written in full as “September 21, 2010”. • Avoid using (1st, 2nd, 3rd …)
3. The Inside Address: • The inside address consists of the name and address of the person, organization, company, or department to whom the letter is sent. • The same address is and is written on the envelop. • The name should always be preceded by Mr. Mrs. Dr. …
4. The Salutation: • The salutation always starts at the left margin and is fallowed by a comma or a colon.
5. The Body • The body of the letter contains the message. It should begin two spaces below the salutation
6. The Complimentary Closing: • It is a good bye-line. • The fallowing terms are used:
7. The Signature: • Name is written down and after printing it out we can sign that letter.