1. Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) Coenzyme Q10helps to produce energy within the mitochondria of cells. Every cell in your body depends on this energy, and this is especially true for your heart.
2. Omega-3 and omega-6 The omega-3 fatty acids EPA (eicosa pentaenoic acid) and DHA (docosa hexaenoic acid) are particularly important for overall cardiovascular health.
3. L-carnitine L-carnitinerecommend 1,000–2,000 mg of this supplement for heart health once or twice daily, between meals.
4. Niacin Its primary downside is the flushing a discomforting warm, tingly, itchy feeling it can cause when it dilates the blood vessels and subsequently promotes the release of histamine.
5. Magnesium Magnesium is a vital supplement for heart health because it helps maintain and support relaxation and dilation of vascular and arterial walls and shuttles potassium and sodium into and out of cells.
6. EPA and DHA (Fish Oil) EPA and DHA are omega-3 fatty acids, rich in fatty fish, that have widespread health-promoting effects, especially for heart disease and diabetes.
7. Lycopene Lycopene is found in many fruits and vegetables, but tomatoes and tomato products are the main sources of lycopene in the diet.