Loading in 2 Seconds...
Loading in 2 Seconds...
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author. While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Sermon on the Mount: The Beatitudes and the Gospel of the KingdomMatthew 5:1-12
Sermon on the Mount Galilean Ministry – Summary of Activity Matthew 4:23-25 • Second Year of Ministry (Luke 6:1) • Teaching in the Synagogues • Preaching the Gospel of the Kingdom • Healing All Kinds of Sickness • Great Multitudes/Fame Spread • Galilee, Decapolis, Jerusalem, Judea, beyond the Jordan
Sermon on the Mount Decapolis Galilee Beyond Jordan Judea Jerusalem
The Sermon on the Mount : The Beatitudes • One of the most famous passages in the Bible is the ‘Sermon on the mount’. He describes Jesus sitting on the mountain and teaching the disciples how they should live • These Beatitudes are found in Matthew 5: 1-11 • In the Beatitudes Jesus challenges the attitudes of his and our society.
Core Values of the Kingdom Reflects the central theme of the Bible of what God wanted for His people. Proper attitudes of the Kingdom citizens.
All Christians are meant to manifest all of these characteristics. They are not proverbs to be applied individually • These qualities are chosen qualities
and he began to Teach Jesus went up on a mountainside and sat down... BUT, WHAT DID HE TEACH?
The world loves a big shot Or…
Blessed are the humble minded for theirs is the kingdomof heaven
The world says beangry, betough Or…
Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted
The world says mightmakes right Or…
for they will inherit the earth Blessed are the meek,
The world says it’s either youor the Other guy Or…
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst Fairness and Justice for for They shall be filled
The world says Weakness is dangerous Show no mercy Or…
Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy
The world says it won’t hurt to Thinkabout bad things Or…
Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God
The world loves a good fight Or…
Blessed are the peacemakers, they will be called children of God for
The world wants You to be afraid To talk about Jesus or
Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven And finally, jesus says:
Blessedare you when people insult you, persecute you… because you loveme Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven
REVIEW 1. Jesus said “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for _____.” A. they shall be comforted B. theirs is the kingdom of heaven. C. they shall be filled
2. “Blessed are those who mourn for _____.” A. they shall be filled B. theirs is the kingdom of heaven C. they shall be comforted.
3. “Blessed are those who hunger and thirst after righteousness for _____.” A. they shall be called sons of God B. they shall be filled. C. they shall see God
4. “Blessed are the merciful for _____.” A. they shall obtain mercy. B. they shall see God C. theirs is the kingdom of heaven
5. “Blessed are the pure in heart for _____.” A. they shall obtain mercy B. they shall be filled C. they shall see God.
6. “Blessed are the peacemakers for _____. A. they shall be comforted B. they shall be called the sons of God. C. they shall be filled
7. When we suffer even though we have done nothing wrong we are being _____. A. persecuted for righteousness sake. B. a peacemaker C. merciful
8. People who are pure in heart _____. A. watch bad shows on television B. play violent video games C. fill their minds with good thoughts.
9. The person who hungers and thirsts for righteousness wants to _____. A. eat all the time B. learn more about God. C. read more history books
10. To be truly blessed or happy we must put Jesus first, _____. A. ourselves second and others last B. others second and ourselves last. C. and care for no one else
11. Which of these Beatitudes do you find most challenging and why? • 12. How are these Beatitudes reflected in your community, school and family? • 13. How are these Beatitudes neglected in our society? • 14. Think of a modern song that does not promote the Beatitudes and one that does.