DRIVING TEST PRACTICE You will select the letter that matches your answer to the question. Click with the mouse to see the correct answer.
1. Before moving your car into traffic from a parked position, you should… • Sound your horn and pull away from the curb slowly. • Signal and proceed when safe. • Signal other traffic and pull directly into the traffic flow. • Give signal and pull from curb quickly. B is correct.
2. Before changing lanes in traffic, you should… • Give proper signal for a turn. • Sound your horn and pull into the other lane. • Use the rear-view mirror to observe other traffic and pull into the other lane. • Give correct signal and look to make sure the change can be made safely. D is correct.
3. A school bus is loading children on a divided highway, cars going in the same direction must…. • Sound horn and proceed slowly. • Drive under 10 mph. • Stop until the children are loaded • Stop if children are walking across the road. C is correct.
4. What documents must you have in your possession when operating a vehicle. • Vehicle registration and insurance card. • Vehicle registration and driver’s license. • Vehicle registration and vehicle title • No fault insurance and driver’s license. D is correct.
5. Under what conditions is it unlawful to drive at an unreasonably low rate of speed… • When driving on a one-way street • When driving in a passing zone. • When impeding or blocking the normal movement of traffic. • It is always safer to drive slowly. C is correct.
6. When driving at night you should dim your headlights (use lower beams) when… • Approaching an intersection. • The other driver dims his lights • Meeting or following another vehicle. • Blinded by the lights of an approaching vehicle. C is correct.
7. If a pedestrian is crossing the street, in a marked crosswalk, you should…. • Sound your horn and proceed slowly. • Take the right-of-way but do not hit the person. • Reduce speed and warn the person he is jaywalking. • Give the pedestrian the right-of-way. D is correct.
8. What does the law say to do when you approach a stop sign? • Come to a full stop. • Stop only if other vehicles are approaching. • Slow down and yield the right-of-way. • Make sure no cars are coming and you need not make a full stop. A is correct.
9. If you are involved in an accident where there is a death, injury, or property damage of $500 or more you must… • Call your insurance agent. • Call the nearest police officer • Leave your name, address, and phone number. • Leave the scene immediately. B is correct.
10. When you see or hear a vehicle with a flashing red or blue light, siren blowing or bell ringing, you must… • Signal the driver to pass. • Speed up and get out of the way. • Pull over to the right of the road and stop. • Follow the vehicle to see where it is going. C is correct.
11. When a traffic signal changes to green you should… • Go ahead. • Proceed when safe and after yielding to pedestrians and other cars within the intersection. • Pause, then go. • Proceed in the direction of the arrow. B is correct.
12. In what position in the roadway must you be before making a left turn from a one-way street? • Close to the right-hand side of the street. • Close to the left-hand side of the street. • Close to the center line in the street. • You cannot turn left from a one-way street. B is correct.
13. Georgia law prohibits stopping or parking: • On a sidewalk. • In front of a driveway. • Within 15 feet of a fire hydrant • All of the above D is correct.
14. If you are convicted of operating a vehicle under the influence of any intoxicating beverage or drugs, you will… • Lose your privilege to drive any vehicle. • Be permitted to drive only in emergencies • Be permitted to drive during daylight only. • None of the above. A is correct.
15. If a traffic signal light is green and a police officer signals you to stop, you should… • Obey the traffic light. • Slow down and proceed with caution • Sound your horn and increase speed. • Obey the officer’s signal D is correct.
16. What does the law require you to do upon meeting a school bus that has stopped to load or unload passengers? A. Stop when approaching from the front or the rear B.Slow down when approaching from the front. C.Stop when approaching from the rear. D.Sound your horn and proceed slowly. A is correct.
17. A pentagon shaped sign is found … • Near railroad crossings. • Near schools. • Near hospitals. • Near crosswalks. B is correct.
18. If you are traveling at 30 mph and following another vehicle you should not get closer than… • Five car lengths. • Four car lengths. • Three car lengths. • Eight car lengths. C is correct.
19. Under what condition would a street or highway more likely be slippery? • When center-lines have just been painted. • When a new highway has just opened for traffic. • When it has rained hard for several hours. • When it has just started to rain. D is correct.
20. What lane must you be in before making a right turn from any street or highway? • Close to the left side of the street • Close to the center line of the street • Close to the right side of the street • You can be in any lane as long as you give the proper turn signal. C is correct.
21. If you are Involved in an accident, you are required to show your driver’s license to… • Police officers only. • Any police officer and person involved in the accident. • Any witnesses to the accident. • Anyone on demand. B is correct.
22. Effective July 1, 1996, consistent with the provision of engineering and traffic investigations regarding maximum speed limits certain speed limits in the state of Georgia have been increased. • True • False A is correct.
23. What is the correct signal for a right turn? • Hand and arm extended downward. • Hand and arm extended straight out. • Hand and arm extended upward • Hand and arm extended to the right. C is correct.
24. The law prohibits following a fire engine closer than… • 50 feet • 100 feet • 300 feet • 500 feet D is correct.
25. On a two-lane roadway, if you want to pass a vehicle and another vehicle is coming toward you… • Speed up so that the approaching vehicle will slow down. • Wait until the way ahead is clear then pass. • Blow your horn so the other vehicles will give you room to pass. • Never pass another vehicle. B is correct.
26. Before entering a curve, it is always safer to… • Ride the center of the roadway. • Maintain steady speed and apply brakes if necessary. • Slow down only when the pavement is slippery. • Slow down and then increase speed slightly after getting the feel of the curve. D is correct.
27. When two cars approach an uncontrolled intersection at the same time… • The biggest car goes first. • The car on the left gives the right-of-way to the car on the right. • The car on the left takes the right-of-way. • None of the above. B is correct.
28. What is the meaning of a flashing red traffic signal light at an intersection? • Stop completely, as at a stop sign, and proceed when safe. • Slow down and proceed with caution. • Slow and wait for a green light. • Sound horn and proceed slowly. A is correct.
29. When may you drive at the maximum posted speed limit in Georgia? • At any time. • Whenever the vehicle, road, and weather conditions are ideal. • On any highway designated for one-way traffic. • Only in the daytime. B is correct.
30. When driving in the rain you should… • Turn on your parking lights. • Turn on your low beams. • Turn on your high beams. • Turn on your bright lights. B is correct.
31. If a traffic light changes from green to yellow as you approach an intersection, you should… • Sound your horn and continue through the intersection. • Speed up before the light changes. • Stop before entering the intersection. • Slow up and proceed with caution. C is correct.
32. A flashing Yellow light means: • Wait for light to change. B. Slow down, proceed with caution. C. No turns. D. The same thing as a stop sign. B is correct.
33. On a two-way street with four lanes, from which lane should you make a left turn? A. The lane to the right of the center line B. The left lane. C. Either lane If safe. D. The lane marked "turns only". A is correct.
34. On a four-lane highway, the left lane is for: A. Passing and preparing to make a left turn. B. Passing only C. Fast moving traffic. D. Slow moving traffic. A is correct.
35. When approaching a YIELD sign, the law requires you to: • Stop, then enter traffic slowly. • Stop, then enter traffic Quickly • Speed up and force your way into traffic . • Slow down, stop if necessary, and yield the right-of-way to traffic approaching from the right or left. D is correct.
36. When passing another vehicle, you should return to the right side of the roadway… • Ten feet in front of the vehicle you have passed. • Immediately • After clearing the front fender of the vehicle you have passed. • When you can see the passed vehicle in your inside rear-view mirror. D is correct.
37. A double yellow line means: • No passing either side. • Pass only when clear. • One-way street. • Passing In daylight hours only. A is correct.
38. Driving in a heavy fog at night, you should always use… • Low headlight beams. • Bright headlight beams. • Parking lights. • No lights. A is correct.
39. The MERGING TRAFFIC sign means: • The vehicle on the left has the right-of-way • Watch for traffic entering your lane and reduce speed. • Proceed at the normal rate of speed. • Stop for approaching vehicles. B is correct.
40. The maximum speed limit on an unpaved county road unless designated otherwise by appropriate signs is: • 25 m.p.h. • 40 m.p.h. • 20 m.p.h. • 35 m.p.h. D is correct.
41. The signal for a left turn Is: … • Hand and arm straight up. • Hand and arm straight out. • Hand and arm straight down. • None of the above. B is correct.
42. A green arrow means: • Do not go In the direction of the arrow. • No turns • Go straight only. • You may proceed with caution in the direction of the arrow, yielding right-of-way to pedestrians and other traffic. D is correct.
43. If you strike an unattended vehicle, you are required to: • Stop Immediately. • Attempt to locate the owner. • Leave your name and address on or in the damaged vehicle if you cannot locate the owner. • All of the above. D is correct.
44. Before entering a street from an alley, private road or driveway, you must: • Enter or cross the street as quickly as possible. • Sound your horn and proceed with caution. • Not stop unless there is a stop sign. • Stop, yield the right-of-way to pedestrians and vehicles. D is correct.
45. When driving where children are walking, you must: • Sound you horn and warn them you are approaching. • Drive to the left side of the roadway. • Slow down, proceed with caution and be ready to make a quick stop. • Increase your speed. C is correct.
46. When meeting a car with blinding headlights, you should… • Turn your lights on high beam. • Open and shut your eyes rapidly. • Look away from the bright lights to the right edge of your lane. • Look at the oncoming headlights. C is correct.
47. When approaching a pedestrian crossing the street in a crosswalk, you should… • Blow your horn • Give the pedestrian the right-of-way. • Slow down. • Speed up to discourage jaywalking. B is correct.
48. It is unlawful to stop within how many feet of a railroad crossing? • 50 feet. • 15 feet. • 25 feet. • 35 feet. B is correct.
49. The maximum speed limit on an Interstate highway and on physically divided highways with full control of access which are outside of an urbanized area of 50,000 population or more is… • 70 m.p.h. • 50 m.p.h. • 80 m.p.h. • 55 m.p.h A is correct.