KX-TDE100/200 System(Version 1.0) Panasonic Communications Co., Ltd. Office Network Company Edition 1.0 28 May, 2007 Chapter 8Other Functions (1)
Chapter 8Other Functions (1) 1. DHCP Client Support 2. Alarm 3. SNMP Agent 4. Syslog Client 5. SNTP Client 6. Ping 7. Port Mirroring 8. SMDR via LAN port
1. DHCP Client for TDE (1/3) IP Address IP Address IP Address TDE New DHCP Client DHCP Client DHCP Client DHCP Server DHCP Client The TDE 100/200 supports DHCP addressing for both the PBX and the IP-PT’s. During IP-PT registration, the IP-PT can locate the registered PBX by sending a broadcast message. The PBX will then respond and the IP-PT will complete it’s registration process. The DHCP discovery feature is only supported on the NT300 series and NT265(d) IP-PT.
1. DHCP Client for TDE (2/3) Important Information (1) The TDE100/200 needs 2 IP Addresses. One is used for the IPCMPR card and the other is used for the VoIP DSP card. (2) By default DHCP Client is disabled and you must program the following settings… - IP Address for IPCMPR card, - IP Address forVoIP DSP card - Subnet Mask - Default Gateway. (3) With DHCP Client enabled, the IP-PT ‘PBX auto-discovery’ process will only work within the same L2 broadcast domain. (4) If the IP address of the IPCMPR card is changed after IP-PT registration, you will need to re-register the IP-PT. If you have enabled DHCP client on the TDE100/200, please ask your network administrator “NOT to change IP address for IPCMPR card” (create a DHCP reservation on the DHCP server).
TDE programming tool Quick Setup Item Step 4 TDE programming tool Menu item 1-1-Card Property-MPR-LAN Setting 1. DHCP Client for TDE (3/3) Programming DHCP Settings TDE New TDE New (2) 1.Configuration -1.Slot – Card Property – MPR – LAN Setting New TDE Programming
Syslog Server SNMP Manager 2. Alarm LAN Remote Alarm SMDR Alarm LED Alarm (Major/Minor) TDE Lit Alarm Button CTI Server TDA/TDE Solutions TDE Solutions
SNMP v1 ‘Clear’ messages are not currently supported 3. SNMP Agent (1/3) Simple Network Management Protocol (1) Polling Method HP Openview, etc. TDE PC (2) TRAP Method SNMP Agent SNMP Manager The TDE 100/200 supports SNMP v1. Using this protocol it is possible to monitor the status of the TDE remotely using either of the following two methods… (1)Polling Method : SNMP Manager sends request messages to collect the status of the PBX (2)TRAP Method : TDE100/200 sends Trap Message to the configured SNMP manager when the TDE detects a Major or Minor Alarm (Such as DC/AC power down). In addition to the standard SNMP v1 MIB file, the TDE100/200 supports the Panasonic Enterprise MIB file for more detailed alarms. This MIB file may be loaded into in the SNMP manager and it is available from the PCC CS website.
TDE programming tool Menu Item 11-4-1 The TDE SNMP implementation only supports SNMP read access to the PBX. It is not possible to set any TDE configuration values through SNMP currently. 3. SNMP Agent (2/3) (Programming 1) Configuration OptionValue (Default)Description SNMP Agent Function Enable/Disable (Disable) Turn SNMP function on/off Port Number (Receive) 0-65535 (161) Receive port for SNMP requests MIB – SysContact ASCII (Blank) 255 Character Description MIB – SysName ASCII (Blank) 255 Character Description MIB – SysLocation ASCII (Blank) 255 Character Description
TDE programming tool Menu Item 11-4-2 3. SNMP Agent (3/3) (Programming 2) Configuration OptionValue (Default)Description Manager IP Address IP Address (Blank) IP Address of SNMP manager Community Name ASCII (public) 255 Character Community String Trap Port Number (Send) 0-65535 (162) Send port for SNMP traps Trap Cold Start Enable/Disable (Enable) Send trap after power/reset/restart Trap Authentication Failure Enable/Disable (Enable) Send trap after authentication fail Trap Alarm – Major Enable/Disable (Enable) Send trap after major alarm Trap Alarm – Minor Enable/Disable (Enable) Send trap after minor alarm
4. Syslog Client (1/2) Alarm (Major/Minor) Syslog Clients Syslog Server TDE100/200 can send alarm information (Major alarm/Minor alarm) to a UDP Syslog server on port 514. By using Syslog, you can save all TDE series alarms remotely to a PC. These alarms may then be managed and responded to as required.
TDE programming tool Menu Item 11-1-Syslog 4. Syslog Client (2/2) (Programming) Configuration OptionValue (Default)Description Syslog Enable/Disable (Disable) Turn Syslog function on/off Syslog Server IP Address IP Address (0.0.0.0) IP Address of Syslog server Major Enable/Disable (Disable) Enable sending of major alarms Minor Enable/Disable (Disable) Enable sending of minor alarms
5. SNTP Client (1/2) Simple Network Time Protocol LAN ISDN CLIP or Analog Line Caller ID (FSK) TDE Time Information SNTP Server SNTP Client TDA/TDE Solutions TDE Solutions In addition to the standard TDA time synchronisation method (ISDN & Caller ID FSK), the TDE also supports v4 SNTP for synchronisation of the date/time. It is also possible, with certain SNTP solutions, to link the SNTP time server to an external reliable time source (Internet based – Using NTP, a more advanced and accurate protocol which links back to various official atomic clock time sources).
TDE programming tool Menu Item 2-1-2-SNTP/Daylight Saving 5. SNTP Client (2/2) (Programming) To Adjust time automatically, you can choose from 3 options. (Disable/ ISDN& Caller ID(FSK)/Enable (SNTP). When you use SNTP, the following settings are required. (1) SNTP Server IP address (2) SNTP Server Port Number (3) Time Zone New TDE Programming
6. Ping PCMC can send Ping to IP device. 1.Select Utility Ping. 2. Set IP Address and press Test key IP Address Test Button Result
7. Port Mirroring (1/4) You can capture packets Data on TDE Communication LAN port Step 1. Monitoring PC side settings Important Information • Regarding of Monitoring PC’s and IPCMPR’s, they must belong to within the same L2 broadcast domain. • Monitoring PC needs FIXED IP address. Please set the Monitoring PC as below. - IP address (FIXED) - Subnet mask (same as IPCMPR’s) (3)If you want to get a FIXED IP address, please ask your network administrator. PC needs FIXED IP address. • create a DHCP with NO Lease expiration on the DHCP server Same L2 broadcast domain
7. Port Mirroring (2/4) You can capture packets Data on TDE Communication LAN port Step 2. Connection MNT port PC for Login Command (See Step.3) PC for Ethereal (See Step.4) SW / Hub - - - SIP Phone IP-PT LAN port
7. Port Mirroring (3/4) Port Mirroring (3) You can capture packets Data on TDE Communication LAN port You can capture packets Data on TDE Communication LAN port Step.3. Set Maintenance LAN port to packet mirroring mode (2)Start Hyper Terminal (1) Set Hyper Terminal Property (From PC for Login Command) 2) ICPMPR IP Address Enter “LOGIN”. Enter password 3) Login Port = 33321(Default) 1) Select TCP/IP (3) Set LANMON command Enter “LANMON” Select Mode • If you restart TDE, this Port Mirroring setting is disappeared.
7. Port Mirroring (4/4) You can capture packets Data on TDE Communication LAN port Step 4. Start Ethereal Step 5. Duplicate the Problem Step 6. Please send us the Capture data by Ethereal
8. SMDR via LAN port (1/3) Step 1. Connection MNT port SW / Hub LAN port
8. SMDR via LAN port (2/3) 2. Set SMDR to LAN by PC Maintenance Software 11. Maintenance 11.1 Main SMDR tag 11. Maintenance 11.1 Main SMDR Option tag Default is “PCCSMDR” Set “LAN” Default is “RS232C”
8. SMDR via LAN port (3/3) 3. Set Maintenance LAN port to packet mirroring mode (1) Set Hyper Terminal Property (2)Start Hyper Terminal Space, Enter Enter “SMDR”. Enter password TDE Main Port IP Address SMDR Port = 2300(Default) Select TCP/IP (3)SMDR print out
Chapter 8Other Functions (1) Thank you very much !