1. What is the term for a special language of a particular activity or group?
2. What is the term for shared meaning between two or more people using a symbol system?
True or False 4. A dictionary is an example of a verbal message.
5. Shared meaning using facial expressions, gestures, and body language is called a _________ ___________.
True or False 6. A headache is an example of an external distraction.
8. A verbal or nonverbal response to a message being received is called ________.
True or False 10. Face to face interaction is an example of a medium.
11. Shared meaning in written or spoken form is an example of a ______ __________.
13. Giving a thumbs up, smile, and raised eye brows are all examples of what?
True or False 15. Sign language, spoken words, and hand gestures are examples of a “symbol system”.
16. Strike, out, homerun, foul, bases loaded, batter-up are examples of ___________.
17. You forgot to clean up your room AND do your homework. You can’t stop thinking about the trouble you are in. Is this is an example of an internal or external distraction?
19. Which of the following is not a part of the Communication Process: • Noise • Feedback • Volume • Message
Be sure you know the word and the definition. Good luck on your quiz!!!