1. convey (v) • 2. flecked (v) • 3. communists (n) • 4. humanitarian (n) • 5. aspects (n) • 6. committed (v) • 7. cringe (v) • 8. pacify (v) • 9. alienate (v) • 10. condemn (v)
6thhour only • 11. dissidents (adj) • 12. peace accord (n) • 13. elusive (adj) • 14. demoralize (v) • 15. implications (n)
2. Flecked (v): to put a small spots or marks of something on different parts of (a surface)
3. communist: (n)a person who believes in communism or is a member of a political party that supports communism
4. humanitarian: (n)a person who works to make other people's lives better
6. committed: (v) to say that (someone or something) will definitely do something
7. cringe: (v) to feel disgust or embarrassment and often to show this feeling by a movement of your face or body
8. pacify: (v) to cause (someone who is angry or upset) to become calm or quiet
9. alienate: (v) to cause (someone) to feel that she or he no longer belongs in a particular group, society, etc.
10. condemn: (v) to say in a strong and definite way that someone or something is bad or wrong
11. dissidents: (adj) disagreeing especially with an established religious or political system, organization, or belief
12. peace accord : (n) A peace treaty is an agreement between two hostile parties, usually countries or governments, that formally ends an armed conflict.
14. demoralize: (v) to cause (someone) to lose hope, courage, or confidence : to weaken the morale of (a person or group)
15. implications: (n) something that is suggested without being said directly