1. ANALOG IC DESIGN INTRODUCTION
2. What is Analog IC Design? Analog IC design is the successful implementation of analog circuits and systems using integrated circuit technology.
Circuits process signals continuous in time and continuous in amplitude
3. The (electronic) world is going Digital,
4. NEED While many applications have replaced much analog circuitry with their digital counterparts, the need for analog circuit design is actually growing.
Consumer-focused electronics have become the driving force of industry,
But , consumer electronics has become all-digital, networked, sophisticated, and almost independent of time, place, physical embodiment, and content. Users expect their tailored audio and video content when, where, and how they want it, to their own schedule and convenience.
5. Ans.---As the digital demands have increased, they have increased the demands on analog as well, which is good for R&D and production investment. Ironically, new requirements for features in digital cell phones are dictating the needs for new analog functions.
And in turn, the increased analog capability has enabled more the desired digital functionality and performance, as well.
So we have one of the few cases where a positive feedback loop is for good
Example---Electronic application in demand
6. Basic Digital Handset The key components of a basic handset are the radio, the power management, and the analog and digital baseband processing.