Download
american values and taiwan values n.
Skip this Video
Loading SlideShow in 5 Seconds..
American Values and Taiwan Values PowerPoint Presentation
Download Presentation
American Values and Taiwan Values

American Values and Taiwan Values

292 Vues Download Presentation
Télécharger la présentation

American Values and Taiwan Values

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - E N D - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Presentation Transcript

  1. American Values and Taiwan Values ESL 5 Culture Study Presenters: Hsiao,Hsin-Chieh Lin,Ting-Yi Instructor: Lyra Riabov

  2. Outline • Historical Factors that affected USA Values and description of the American Values • Historical Factors that affected Taiwan Values and Taiwanese Values • Social and political problems that can affect the 21st century culture in Taiwan • Possible solutions • References

  3. Historical Factors WWII Great depression Cold War Civil Rights movement Assassination of JFK Assassination of Martin Luther King, Jr. American Values Individualism Freedom Self-reliance Equality of opportunity Competition Material wealth Hard working Historical Factors that affected USA Values and Description of the American Values

  4. Taiwan-Formosa Area :Taiwan, Penghu, Kinmen, and Matsu, as well as the Pratas and Spratly islands, with a total land area of 36,179 sq km.Population: 23 millionCapital : Taipei CityPeople:Han people 98 %of the population The 11 tribes of indigenous inhabitants and other ethic minorities comprise the other 2%.Language: Mandarin/Taiwanese/Hakka Religion : Buddhism/Taoism/ChristianPresident : Chen Shui-bian

  5. Historical Factors Chiang-Kai-shek's troops occupy Taiwan February 28th Incident Martial law declared Kaohsiung Incident Democratic Progressive Party (DPP) founded Martial Law lifted First democratic legislative elections First presidential elections DPP's Chen Shui-bian wins presidency Taiwan Values Hard working Individualism Independence Freedom Democracy Friendly relationship among the people Historical Factors that Affected Taiwan Values and Description of the Taiwanese Values

  6. Chiang-Kai-shek's troops occupy Taiwan February 28th Incident

  7. First presidential elections

  8. DPP's Chen Shui-bian wins presidency

  9. Social and Political Problems that can Affect the 21st Century Culture in Taiwan • Economy depression • Problems with our system of constitution • China kept Taiwan out of the World Health Organization following the outbreak of Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) • China’s continuous efforts to constrict Taiwan’s activities in international community, Taiwan is unable to freely establish diplomatic relations with other countries and participate in international organizations

  10. Possible solutions • Economic revitalization • Comprehensive reform • Push for a new constitution of Taiwan • Join the member of the World Health Organization (WHO) • Join the member of the Union Nation (UN)

  11. References • http://encarta.msn.com/encyclopedia_761577607_2/Taiwan.html#s17 • http://www.gio.gov.tw/ • http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/tw.html • http://tecro.org/?OVRAW=taiwan&OVKEY=taiwan&OVMTC=standard • http://www.taiwan.com/ • http://www.taiwandc.org/